EXECUTIVE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Senior Information Governance Analyst (Las Vegas, NV) $90-$135K base
Title: Senior Information Governance Analyst
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Compensation: Range between $90-$135K base, depending on current experience
Our client, a regulated utility, seeks a Senior Information Governance Analyst to be responsible for research and analysis duties in the development and implementation of Information Governance plans, strategies, programs and initiatives. This position may serve as project leader and/or participate on teams to plan, develop or select and implement large-scale content management and other technology projects; and performs related duties as assigned.
A Senior Information Governance Analyst performs difficult and responsible research and analytical assignments associated with development of the Entity’s Information Governance Strategic Plan and implementation of related policies, procedures, projects and initiatives. Duties require the exercise of experienced judgment in selecting appropriate study approaches and research and analysis methods and a sound understanding of risk assessment and change management processes required for successful implementation of Information Governance program components. Work requires strong teamwork and internal consulting competencies, project management skills and an understanding of technology solution options available for projects.
Essential duties include, but are not limited to:
- Performs complex research and analysis projects and assignments that support developing and implementing a comprehensive enterprise information governance (IG) strategic plan, including multidisciplinary structures, policies, procedures and processes
- Conducts surveys, performs research and develops/presents recommendations regarding information governance standards, procedures and supporting technology solutions.
- Participates in processes to build consensus on approaches and priorities for achieving optimal information management priorities, including participating in meetings with District/SNWA managers and staff to build support for IG, including the business value and costs of information, assessment of risks and legal and compliance obligations
- Assists in designing, developing and implementing an IG Audit to establish an organizational and programmatic baseline; compiles, interprets and evaluates data, formulates findings and uses data to develop an IG program blueprint.
- Leads and participates in meetings with internal and external customers to analyze applicable business operations and associated information/records management processes
- Works with managers, customers and team members to re-engineer impacted systems and work processes and document/records flows;
- Recommends technology and process solutions; participates in coordinating and managing required integration with other systems and business processes
- Assists in identifying ways to mitigate resource constraints and other risks in meeting project timelines.
- May lead, assist or participate on project teams responsible for planning, developing and implementing assigned large scale content management and other technology projects
- Uses Agile, Kanban and other standard project management methodologies, tools and techniques; provides technical IG leadership in developing system requirements and functionalities for content management systems
- When serving as project manager, carries out assigned project management tasks, including: verifying and ensuring the accuracy of key project documentation and deliverables; updating project schedules; generating project budget and related reports; coordinating the development of project status reports; attending project team meetings, serving as scribe and documenting and distributing meeting minutes; following up on action items and issues and updating project reports; and obtaining deliverable/milestone approvals.
- Provides subject matter inputs to the development of bid specifications for hardware, software and other projects
- Reviews and/or contributes to the drafting of Requests for Proposals, agreements, or other procurement vehicles
- Participates in evaluating vendor proposals and recommending the selection of successful vendors.
- Participates in planning and executing periodic audits and reviews of departmental IG/records management practices involving the capture, acceptance, indexing, classification, archival, maintenance, storage, preservation and retrieval of records
- Researches, analyzes alternatives and prepares recommendations to remediate any identified sources of potential risk and non-compliance; assists in or implements remediation actions as directed.
- Monitors emerging trends, new developments and best practices in information governance and related disciplines to bring technology and business intelligence and advice to District and department managers.
- May assist project managers responsible for planning, developing and implementing assigned large-scale content management and other technology projects.
- In collaboration with Legal and departmental staff, may review and develop responses to Public Records Act requests; ensures that physical and electronic records are researched and held and information is reproduced in accordance with all legal requirements.
- Maintains up-to-date technical knowledge by attending conferences, seminars and user group meetings to stay current with technology trends and best practices.
DESIRED MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, practices and methods of:
- Information governance including practices in information governance auditing
- Internal consulting and change management
- Records management; federal and state law and regulations governing the creation, maintenance, use, retention, preservation and disposition of public records, including privacy rights and requirements for dealing with confidential records and copyrighted materials
- Information technology solutions applicable to information governance and records management needs and requirements
- Database architectures, structures, systems and design requirements
- Project management, including tools and techniques
- Business process re-engineering and systems analysis and design;
- Techniques of information technology management
- Research methods and statistical analysis techniques;
- Ability to perform job responsibilities as described above, including
- To perform difficult to complex business and functional analyses and reach sound conclusions regarding needs and requirements
- Apply the analysis of functional requirements to the development of plans, proposals, specifications and recommendations
- Plan, organize and complete projects efficiently in accordance with time, budget and quality requirements
- Understand, interpret, explain and apply policy, law, regulation and court decisions applicable to areas of responsibility
- Prepare clear and concise policies, procedures, project plans and other documents
- Exercise sound independent judgment within established policies and guidelines
- Work collaboratively and consultatively with other District managers and staff
- Present proposals and recommendations clearly and logically to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Communicate clearly and effectively, orally and in writing
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with managers and staff, IT team members, consultants, vendors and others encountered in the course of work.
Training and Experience:
- Preferred degree from a four-year college or university with a major in management information systems, computer science, business administration or another closely related field; and
- Four years of progressively responsible experience in information governance or records management or in technology solutions applicable to those programs; or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- At least one year of Information Technology experience as a project leader or manager is highly desirable.
Desired certifications include:
- Certification as an Information Governance Professional, issued by the IGP Governance Board.
- Certification as a Certified Information Privacy Professional, issued by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Director of Pricing and Legal Project Management (NYC, NJ or Boston) $200-250K base
Title: Director of Pricing and Legal Project Management
Location: New York City, New Jersey, or Boston
Compensation: $200-250K base
The Director of Pricing and Legal Project Management (LPM) will be responsible for developing and implementing a comprehensive program, with the objective of improving service delivery efficiency for the Firm’s clients and overall profitability for the Firm.
The ideal candidate will be a champion of improving the Firm’s client service and profit margin, and will be responsible for working collaboratively with its client service teams to accomplish these objectives. Towards that end, essential duties will include:
- Developing full-scale project plans for client matters, estimating the resources needed to achieve project goals and providing input on budgeting.
- Working with the Firm’s attorneys and administration to implement best practices in human resource asset leverage (i.e., staffing) and staff matters as appropriate for leverage and efficiency.
- Initiating ideas for improving profitability of matters.
- Assisting with the development of profitable, but highly competitive pricing structures and alternative fee arrangements.
- Developing legal project management tools, resources and technologies and utilizing project management techniques such as process mapping to identify where efficiencies in process and effectiveness in staffing can be achieved.
- Training billing partners in methods to improve file planning and execution.
- Conducting routine audits of matters on an ongoing basis to assess compliance with legal project management disciplines and provide feedback to partners.
- Overseeing matter closing documentation, including gathering relevant matter intelligence for use in knowledge management and future pricing and project budgets.
- Assisting in the analysis of the Firm’s client matters and offering recommendations as to matter intake or termination of engagements based on that analysis.
- Participating in the construction of client pitches and responses to requests for proposals to assist in pricing analyses and to highlight the Firm’s legal project management capabilities.
- Driving continuous improvement of processes, policies and procedures in support of both Firm and client legal project management objectives.
- Effective performance of these duties will result in improvement of the Firm’s profit margin, an increased success rate in competitive tenders and overall enhanced pricing and project management competence on the part of its partners.
The ideal candidate will have a JD or MBA degree, Project Management Professional certification or comparable experience and over five years of professional project management experience. Experience in a large law firm or corporate legal department is strongly preferred. Candidates should also possess the following qualifications:
- High degree of professionalism with a strong customer service orientation, commitment to meeting deadlines and ability to multitask in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Understanding of law firm processes and attorney-client relationships.
- Experience in managing large projects with complex variables and budgets.
- Demonstrated ability to work with and lead teams of legal personnel.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate effectively with information technology, human resources, finance and marketing personnel.
- A high degree of initiative and attention to detail.
- Experience in strategic thinking.
- Demonstrated ability to research, collect and analyze data.
- Expertise in the relevant technological tools and financial and data information systems.
- Excellent understanding of contemporary pricing theory and practice, particularly as it relates to the pricing of professional services.
Senior Discovery Staff Attorney (Atlanta, GA) $90k-110k
Senior Discovery Staff Attorney
Leverages knowledge of the facts of specific legal matters, appropriate technology, and applicable legal standards to assist case teams and clients with all phases of eDiscovery: litigation readiness, preservation, identification, collection, analysis, production, deposition preparation, motion practice, and trial. Assists Discovery Attorneys & Project Managers and case teams with designing and managing document review projects which leverage advanced technology for various types of reviews: internal investigations, governmental investigations, litigation, mergers & acquisitions, and any other legal matter where clients must analyze large volumes of information.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist firm, case teams, and clients with leveraging information obtained during the discovery process to assist with substantive issues on the merits of each matter.
- Assist clients with litigation readiness assessments.
- Conduct client interviews to assist with data collection and discovery.
- Track data collections for defensibility.
- Analyze, suggest, and test methods to filter and focus the universe of data requiring attorney review to assist merits counsel discovery planning, ESI Protocols and discovery disputes.
- Develop and implement matter-specific and efficient review workflows for specific review projects in coordination with case teams and Discovery Attorneys & Project Managers.
- Review and analyze documents for production, including performing higher level substantive review and analysis of documents, privilege review, privilege log preparation, and deposition preparation review.
- Perform quality control reviews of Project Attorney document review sets, provide feedback and additional training as needed to avoid the production of privileged or non-responsive documents, as well as to ensure responsive documents are properly coded and produced.
- Serve as key liaison between case team and Project Attorneys to ensure Project Attorneys are properly trained and performing at the appropriate level and that they are receiving the information needed to conduct their work efficiently and accurately.
- Oversight of Project Attorneys in first and second level eDiscovery document reviews including, but not limited to, scheduling work, assigning documents for review, billable time entry, addressing facilities and technical needs, establishing case protocols, etc.
- Work with case teams, clients, Litigation Technology Team, and outside vendors as required ensuring the efficient and effective collection, review, analysis, and production of electronically stored information (ESI) in litigation and governmental investigations.
- Assist with tracking the collection of ESI (coordinate with the client, tech team, and case team to identify sources of ESI for collection, track and ensure that all data identified is collected and loaded for review; organize data into the workflow to be uploaded, searched, reviewed, produced, etc.)
- Coordinate with vendor and/or Litigation Technology Analysts for technical needs, issues and organization.
- Work with case teams to identify scope of review and criteria for production, including coding of documents for privilege, key issues, and/or confidentiality.
- Coordinate training of review team including preparation of coding memo and training materials, training on use of review tools, substantive case specifics and review work-flows.
- Train associates, partners and project reviewers on effective use of document review tools, including conducting targeted searches, establishing efficient work-flows, and exporting documents for production and/or depositions.
- Conduct searches to isolate non-relevant documents from review, and conduct targeted searches to identify specific or key documents related to the case.
- Organize and track all review assignments and provide individualized support and guidance to project attorneys as required.
- Coordinate and organize collection of documents for use at depositions, trials, and in support of briefing (run searches, gather and organize documents for the case team).
- Track review progress, deposition schedules, and special projects to meet case deadlines.
- Conduct analysis of efficiency and accuracy of review projects including reporting to clients.
- Effectively communicate with reviewers, case teams, and technology team to ensure deadlines are met and errors are avoided.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
A juris doctorate degree with current license to practice law and good standing status in the State of Georgia.
Ability to read, analyze and interpret common technical journals, financial reports, legal and legislative documents. Respond to common inquiries or complaints from clients, regulatory agencies or members of the business community. Ability to draft communications, motions, briefs, memoranda and pleadings that conform to prescribed style and format. Effectively present information to senior level attorneys, top management, clients and peer groups.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Interpret an extensive variety of legal and technical instructions in diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Director of Sales and Marketing (Dallas, TX) $175-200K base
Director of Sales and Marketing, Dallas TX, $175-200K base:
- Create client diversity
- Design & develop a formal client referral and sales plan
- Train junior BD team on a referral sales program
- Growing revenue by adding new clients and growing relationships with current clients
- Design & develop sales systems and processes to advance company to next level
- Evangelize products and services to target audience.
Knowledge Architect(Legal) - $130,000 - $160,000
Knowledge Architect – $130,000-160,000
Our client, a global AmLaw 50 firm is looking for a Knowledge Architect to join and help develop their burgeoning KM group. The KM function is responsible for design and management of a knowledge architecture which enables partners and lawyers to find, access, and utilize knowledge and IP in the course of their work and across a number of tools and processes.
The Knowledge Architect will support the development of integrated knowledge solutions and supporting governance and processes that improve search and browse solutions and more clearly defines the way in which knowledge is managed and accessed across the firm.
The Knowledge Architect is also responsible for design and implementation of the firm’s ‘knowledge architecture’ and ensures it aligns and integrates with the firm’s wider content architecture; working closely with the Knowledge Solutions Lead and KM team members. The Knowledge Architect represents the Knowledge function in firm-wide activities related to content including content strategies and content lifecycle management.
This position reports up to the global Chief Knowledge Strategy Officer. This role has growth potential to expand into a management role as the department grows.
- Oversees implementation of firm-wide knowledge architecture
- Ensure risk/security requirements and policies are reflected in knowledge architecture (and content management lifecycles) and are being upheld
- Leads the knowledge team in organizing and providing access to firm knowledge and IP as well as relevant external content and information
- Leads knowledge audits to determine and continuously evaluate the specific knowledge needs of users and their knowledge/business processes
- Assesses the overall ‘user experience’ of the knowledge program with particular focus on integration of knowledge solutions with Partners’ and lawyers’ work processes
- Defines knowledge processes and identifies the technical requirements for creating, capturing, organizing and accessing firm’s knowledge capital
- Works closely with Knowledge Solutions Lead and IT to design solutions based upon knowledge architecture
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Current or prior experience working within a law firm IT environment is required
- Experience working with a professional consulting organization preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge Solutions Lead - $120,000 - $140,000
Knowledge Solutions Lead – $120,000-$140,000k
Our client, a global AmLaw 50 firm is looking for a Knowledge Solutions Lead to join and help develop their burgeoning KM group. The KM function is responsible for the design and management of a suite of knowledge solutions which enable partners and lawyers to find, access, and utilize knowledge and IP in the course of business development and client delivery.
The Knowledge Solutions Lead will be required to create an integrated ‘platform strategy’; and develop and manage a business-focused portfolio of knowledge solutions that provide an integrated and consistent user experience (UX). This position reports up to the global Chief Knowledge Strategy Officer. This role has growth potential to expand into a management role as the department grows.
- Develop and manage knowledge solutions and define associated platform strategy in alignment with overall Knowledge strategy
- Provide leadership and guidance to Knowledge function (and other support functions as appropriate) on matters related to knowledge solutions
- Establish and implement policy and guidelines for appropriate use of knowledge solutions including guiding principles, layouts, templates, web parts – and monitor appropriate use
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure solutions continue to meet business requirements and emerging needs/capabilities
- Maintain knowledge solutions in alignment with Service Level Agreements and KPIs such as performance, accessibility etc.
- Act as SME/SPOC for IT in relation to knowledge solution technologies and related technology decisions and development/upgrades
- Implement and manage metrics capability to assess use and effectiveness of knowledge solutions
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Current or prior experience working within a law firm IT environment is required
- Experience working with a professional consulting organization preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Federal Government eDiscovery Program Manager (Washington D.C.)
Compensation $175,000 – $225,000 Duties and Responsibilities: Serve as the program manager typically responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations. Provide overall direction of program activities. Manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization. Consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. Establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business. Domain knowledge such as IT may be required depending on the requirement of the task order. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong Litigation Background.
- 15 years professional experience.
- 10 years Federal PM experience.
- Program/project with $10M annual budget.
- 10 years Information Technology experience.
- Experience with developing project management methodologies.
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience, including three to five years of supervisory/management experience.
eDiscovery Attorney (Philadelphia) $140,000 - $170,000
eDiscovery Attorney – Philadelphia – $140-170k
Our client, a major East Coast law firm is seeking to add to its established eDiscovery practice. The eDiscovery Attorney will be working directly with litigation attorneys and litigation support personnel, third-party service providers, and client legal, IT, and records management staff to ensure that defensible, cost-effective procedures are employed throughout the eDiscovery lifecycle of large litigations.
- Spearhead eDiscovery element of meet and confer conferences
- Advise on eDiscovery portions of discovery requests and responses
- Develop and implement preservation plans
- Organize forensic document collections
- Evaluate, select, negotiate with, and managing service providers
- Recommend both traditional culling techniques strategies to reduce volume of documents requiring review, as well as by leveraging advanced technology-assisted review methodologies
- Prepare record managers and IT personnel for depositions
- Maintain clear documentation of eDiscovery decisions and reasoning
- Serve on the Firm’s eDiscovery Committee and appropriate working groups
- Counsel colleagues Develop document review workflows, assigning roles, and supervising reviews using advanced analytics to increase efficiency and mitigate risk
- Implement document review and production quality control procedures and clients on eDiscovery and information governance best practices
- Remain abreast of eDiscovery legal developments in both the litigation and governmental investigation contexts and preparing newsletters summarizing developments and implications
- Contribute to the training of attorneys and paralegals on the state of eDiscovery case-law, best practices, and how best to work with the Litigation Support department and third-party vendors
- Develop and implement standardized protocols applicable to all cases in order to ensure a consistent approach
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing in the Pennsylvania state bar (or state of primary office as applicable)
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience coordinating the eDiscovery phases of complex litigation matters at a large law firm, including preservation, collection, processing, review, quality control, and production. At least 3 years of experience serving in a dedicated eDiscovery capacity.
- Expertise with evaluating competing eDiscovery tools and negotiating with service providers
- Fluency with several of the dominant review platforms, such as Axcelerate, Concordance, Clearwell, Ontrack Inview, Relativity, Ringtail, and Summation
- Substantial knowledge of current state of eDiscovery rules, case law, and best practices
- Proven process-driven management, organizational, and communication skills
- Formal or informal technical experience/education is strongly preferred
eDiscovery Counsel/Director of eDiscovery - DC or New York - $225-300k
eDiscovery Counsel/Director of eDiscovery – DC or New York – $225-300k
Our client, a global AmLaw 50 firm is looking for an eDiscovery Counsel to provide the vision, direction and leadership to assure the Firm has a leading electronic discovery services team to support its practice groups. The eDiscovery Counsel will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Litigation Support Department, including strategic planning, business model, negotiation and oversight of outside vendors, workload allocation and utilization, budgeting, and talent development. The eDiscovery Counsel will also advise clients and case teams in designing and implementing eDiscovery plans in the context of complex litigation, arbitration or other disputes. This will include being highly involved in all phases of the EDRM life cycle – including preservation, collection, processing, review, quality control and production, as well as assisting with any business development efforts.
- Lead and promote development and promotion of eDiscovery best practices throughout the Firm to enhance efficiencies, reduce cost and mitigate risk.
- Drive innovation efforts within the Litigation Support department and in conjunction with the Disputes and Competition Sections.
- Serve as an expert of eDiscovery issues, activities and projects
- Direct the tasks of multiple teams, including the Litigation Support team, outside vendors and others, as needed.
- Monitor financial performance of department with director to ensure it meet standards of productivity. Track and report on client deliverables using metrics
- Serve as strategic advisor for clients, attorneys and staff on issues related to eDiscovery and litigation readiness. Provide guidance on data preservation, privacy, security and information governance issues to ensure compliance with corporate policies, regulatory requirements and good business practice.
- Develop workflows, discovery protocols and budgets for matters. This includes assisting with setting strategies for collection, preservation, contributing to search terms, review protocols, and providing subject-matter expertise as needed.
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited institution
- Membership in good standing of the Bar in office of practice.
- At least 8 years of experience coordinating the eDiscovery phases of complex matters across the EDRM
- Strong analytical abilities and leadership skills. Superb oral and written communications skills. Independent judgment and discretion.
- 8+ years of supervisory experience and ability to lead professional development efforts for Litigation Support team.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the EDRM and litigation readiness. Technical proficiency handling discovery matters and platforms, like Relativity and Concordance.
- Experience conducting document review.
- Knowledge regarding attorney-client and work product privilege and ability to train others on same in a document review setting.
- Proven ability to manage large departments and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of the firm’s and department policies and ability to administer them consistently
Technical Data Engineers/Specialists (Multiple Locations)
Our client an established eDiscovery and Enterprise IT Company is seeking Technical Data Engineers/Specialists to support, infrastructure, hosting and data within a Relativity environment. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills building and maintaining servers and other infrastructure, creating and maintaining a secure and stable processing environment as well as creating and maintaining a secure and stable hosting environment both internally and for external clients. Knowledge of the unique needs and best practices for a Relativity environment strongly preferred.
To be successful in this role you must be able to work independently be self motivated, possess attention to detail, be proactive and possess strong verbal communication skills. Salary is commensurate with experience. Positions are in multiple locations.
Technical Project Manager
Our client, a leading AmLaw 100 firm is looking for a technical Project Manager to join their litigation support and eDiscovery team. Ideal candidates will be able to:
- Advise legal teams on the strategic use of technology to effectively manage cases and enhance client relationships.
- Ensure that internal and external clients receive exemplary, seamless support and verification that all litigation support needs are met.
- Assist attorneys in the delivery of planning, budgeting, collecting, and reporting tools
- Ensure the litigation practice is using appropriate, innovative, cost effective technologies to manage discovery processes.
- Provide technical assistance for Relativity, Concordance, Opticon, Access, CaseMap, IPRO, LiveNote, online review tools, and other litigation software.
- Work with vendors on negotiation of contracts in and maintain preferred vendor database.
- Train attorneys, paralegals and staff on the use of computer technology in case management, technology tools, and e-discovery issues.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of best practices in the use of technology and workflow processes.
- Travel periodically to attend training seminars on the use of litigation support tools.
- Participate on appropriate committees, task forces, teams, and industry organizations to stay current with developments in litigation support technology.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and recommendation of practice support applications.
- Manage vendor RFP processes and vendor relationships for case support.
- Ideal candidate must have experience with Relativity and Concordance.
- Must have demonstrated project management experience and experience managing litigation reviews.
- Must have previous in-trial support experience.
- 3 + years litigation support experience in a law firm or with a vendor.
- Vendor background and experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
$85-115K base, plus OT
Director of Client Delivery (D.C. or Chicago)
Our client, an international Litigation Services Provider, specializing in forensics, ECA, ediscovery, data analytics and information governance for Fortune 500 clients, is looking to add a Director of Client Delivery to their award winning team. The Director of Client Delivery Discovery Services is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Client Delivery Department, including managing and directing the Data Intake, Operations, Client Services, and Custom Development teams. This position will also be responsible for direct client contact and serve as an escalation point for all client matters.. The scope of responsibility encompasses a wide range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Strategic Planning
- Budgeting and Financial Management (department profitability)
- Utilization of Resources
- Workload Allocation
- Talent Development
- Operations Oversight
- Business Development
- Manage a team of 24 people across 4 departments, including 3 Managers in the US
- Responsible for performance, growth and development of European operations and client delivery groups
- Serve as a strategic advisor for clients, attorneys and staff on issues related to electronic discovery, forensics, ECA, data analytics, legal technology and litigation readiness.
- Lead ongoing development and promotion of e-discovery best practices throughout the company to enhance efficiencies and reduce costs
- Maintain market differentiators in ediscovery, data analytics, and information governance
- and practice support for the firm.
- Ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction of meeting deadlines and goals
- Assess current state of departments, evaluate against current market trends, drive innovation efforts, and continuously enhance quality and efficiencies of services.
- Hire, train, retain, mentor and inspire staff, including leading professional development efforts for team members
- Contribute to executive leadership of overall organization, including, assisting leadership with general risk management and resource allocation efforts.
- Serve as subject matter expert and participate in client development presentations and pitches, as appropriate
- Proven ability to lead and develop talent, including managers for teams of at least 15 people
- Proven ability to manage departmental P&L over $10MM annually
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with both corporate clients and outside counsel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex functions at once with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions.
- Independent judgment and discretion.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the EDRM, data analytics and information governance
- Understanding of common IT architectures and applications used by Fortune 500 companies
- Experience with Technology Assisted Review Tools and Predictive Coding.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, required and advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years in e-discovery with 4-8 year of management experience in a law firm, corporation or professional service environment.
Litigation Support Project Manager/Supervisor - (Long Island, NY)
200 attorney Long Island firm seeks hands on Litigation Support Manager with strong technical skills. Must love providing strategy, tactics and execution on major and minor cases. The ability to manage up to partners, out to clients, vendors and service providers is critical to success in this position. If you have the ability to take a firm to the next level, have the political and technical savvy to be a change agent this is the job for you. This is a great opportunity for a senior project manager to take your career to the next level or a current hands on litigation support manager to work on Long Island.
eDiscovery Senior Counsel (New York)
Our client, a premier AmLaw 50 firm is looking to add an eDiscovery Senior Counsel with regional leadership responsibilities to their growing department. Ideal candidates will provide The attorney hired for this position will advise clients and case teams in designing and implementing e-discovery plans in the context of complex litigation and discovery.
The individual should have eight or more years of experience coordinating the e-discovery phases of complex litigation matters including preservation, collection, processing, review, quality control, and production. This a great opportunity to join the sophisticated and growing e-discovery practice of a global law firm, and to work with a team of lawyers and technicians across offices who are passionate about their work.
- Strong analytical abilities/skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- 8+ years of supervisory experience
- Technical proficiency handling discovery matters and platforms like Relativity and Concordance
All candidates must be admitted to the New York Bar.
Litigation Support Senior Specialist/Project Manager (Washington D.C.)
$95,000-$135,000 plus OT
Our client, an AmLaw 50 firm is looking to add a Litigation Support Senior Specialist/Project Manager to their D.C. office. This person will be responsible for performing high level analytical tasks, including: consulting with case teams and clients in order to solve problems and provide solutions, researching software applications for database management, document productions, script creation, preparing data for trial, vendor management, training and providing support for Litigation Support applications. This positions will receive work and direction from the Manager of the Department and will work closely with other specialists and analysts This individual may work independently on case projects, or direct teams of more junior staff members when necessary. This position is at least 70% billable.
Ideal candidates for this role will be methodical and organized. They must have the ability to multi-task, document completed tasks, and operate well under time constraints and similar influences.Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as are the ability to cultivate customer relationships, and relationships with co-workers.
- Consult with and advise attorneys and legal assistants about litigation support (LS) best practices, strategy, technology and vendor selection as it relates to their cases.
- Assist users in determining specific database requirements and train users on databases.
- Responsible for the design, development, training and supervision of LS databases for client and firm work.
- Interface with client’s litigation support and IT staff on identification, collection, and service provider selection.
- Consult with case teams development of discovery plans, including consulting on search terms and the burden of responding to document requests and subpoenas
- Promote the use of analytics and technical automation tools for case management and LS.
- Provide support for imaging and electronic discovery litigation-related projects.
- Work with vendors, legal assistants and attorneys to customize LS projects.
- Design training materials (or supplements to existing materials) tailored to the litigation practice.
- Provide one-on-one or group training for litigation attorneys, clients, and legal assistants.
- Diagnose and correct system software problems for LS.
- Describe and report system and software problems to vendors for resolution.
- Assess and monitor litigation attorney/legal assistant use of technology.
- Evaluate current technologies used in litigation practice.
- Implement new LS technologies for particular case teams and DC office.
- Develop in-depth expertise in current litigation-related applications.
- Attend litigation practice group and case team meetings.
- Refer appropriate litigation projects to software development staff.
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years’ experience in litigation support in a law firm or vendor environment, in addition to demonstrable communication and technical skills.
- Knowledge of the litigation process and an understanding of the use of technology to support litigation efforts is required.
- Expertise in the use and Administration of Relativity is highly desired.
- Expertise in the use of Concordance, LiveNote, CaseMap, Trial Director, Access and Excel desired.
- Certification in market-specific applications and/or mainstream office applications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, though a combination of associate’s degree and commensurate experience will be considered.
This position requires some weekend and after hours application support and may require travel.
Data Lifecycle/Information Governance Manager (New York)
Our client, a globally recognized law firm, headquartered in New York, is looking for a Data Lifecycle/Information Governance Manager to join their team. Ideal candidates will blend technical skills and expertise with the gravitas, political acumen, business savvy, and emotional IQ necessary to work closely with both senior law firm partners and corporate clients’ technical and security teams. Responsibilities will include understanding and creating the course for the law firms data ownership, recertification of the firm’s ISO standing, data retention, classification, and destruction, as well as assessment of access to and ownership of electronic data. The ideal candidate should have the ability to work autonomously and in conjunction with the Global Director, and be prepared for a 2-3 year career growth plan. This position is 25% strategic, 50% tactical, and 25% execution. Successful candidates need more than just an understanding of records management, they must also have a deep affinity for data security and electronic data lifecycle management.
Software Sales, Legal, Government (Washington D.C.)
$115,000-$150,000 Base Plus Commission
Our client, a national technology provider is looking to add a Government Account Manager to their successful sales team. This critical role is responsible for building relationships with Federal government organizations and articulating how our Client’s software can add value to their organization. This position will have a direct impact on the growth of the company’s business.
• Work closely with the Government support and account management team to define and execute sales plans for the government sector
• Meet or exceed sales quota through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities within a defined territory
• Perform product demonstrations
• Manage and expand relationships with government agencies that aren’t working with Company directly
• Coordinate resources throughout the entire sales cycle
• Manage and document the details of the sales cycle in Salesforce.com and provide regular updates of pipeline to sales leadership
• Work with the entire sales team to share ideas and foster an open and collaborative environment
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline, or at least five years of quota carrying sales and account management experience (legal technology and/or government experience is a plus)
• Consistent over achievement of sales goals
• Strong business acumen, including knowledge of ROI and TCO principles
• Record of success in generating net new business
• Excellent communication skills
• Curiosity and ability to ask great questions
• Willingness to travel 35% of the time
eDiscovery Associate (Washington D.C.)
Our Client, a boutique law firm with an established reputation in the eDiscovery practice space, is seeking to add another eDiscovery Associate to their group.
The ideal candidate for this position is a practicing eDiscovery attorney with 5 years of experience being highly involved with all phases of the EDRM life cycle. This person will interface directly with clients, serving as the expert in electronic evidence and information governance, and perform research and legal writing including discovery motions and briefs, expert reports, subpoenas, and pre-trial briefs throughout various stages of a case.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on proactive eDiscovery, litigation preparedness, and information governance initiatives
- Represent clients as subject matter expert for eDiscovery in large complex litigation and investigations
- Produce client memorandums and briefs
- Develop e-discovery plans
- Deliver eDiscovery reports and memorandum to clients
- Familiarity with advanced analytical tools
Director of Hosting (Chicago)
Our client, a well-respected services provider is looking for a Director of Hosting to lead its Data Hosting department, which is responsible for all administrative tasks completed within Relativity. In addition to having strong Relativity skills, a successful candidate must have broad experience in managing and leading teams (experience with distributed teams a plus), excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to interface effectively with clients. Finally, the role will be client facing at times, and thus requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Create workflows, processes and QC protocols in support of all administrative functions of Relativity in collaboration with Data Processing and Project Management teams
- Provide oversight, instruction and coaching for all Review Solutions team members including annual performance reviews
- Work with internal departments to contribute to workflows related to new technology offerings which impact Relativity
- Create internal training/on-boarding Relativity-specific curriculum for the Data Hosting and Project Management teams
- Conduct weekly meetings with Data Hosting teams company-wide regarding new Relativity features, internal workflows, and changes in protocol
- Conduct monthly meeting with kCura to discuss advanced features, new releases, feature requests, known defects/issues, etc.
- Manage monthly extended-hours and weekend shift schedule
- Conduct regular internal meetings with Company department leaders (IT, Data Processing, Project Management, Media Tracking and Finance) to discuss collaboration and areas for process improvement
- Coordinate with Director of Relativity Infrastructure to maintain annual service status
- Designate team leads for more advanced projects and advanced technologies
- Create and update client facing training sessions and scripts
- Along with other Data Hosting team members, conducts client training sessions
- Coordinate internal announcements regarding new Relativity releases, features, functionality and workflows
- Generate internal training curriculum for project managers and sales team
Documents all Relativity workflows, templates and processes in coordination with Project Management Directors
- Provide high-level support to Data Hosting and PM teams for complex client requests and/or issues
- Design internal and external escalation plan for Relativity support requests
- Coordinate with PM, IT and Infrastructure heads to streamline internal and external communication with respect to client issues in Relativity
- Relativity Certified Administrator required
- 5+ years of experience of Relativity Admin work
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience in client training a plus
Data Privacy and Security Counsel (East Coast)
Unique opportunity! Email email@example.com for more information.
Senior eDiscovery Consultant (Chicago & New York)
Chicago & New York
Support firm offices on eDiscovery. Advise clients and attorneys on eDiscovery and implement eDiscovery plans.
Advise and educate legal teams on eDiscovery best practices
Develop and implement data preservation, collection and processing plans
Conduct IT and custodial interviews
Draft discovery protocols
Formulate search strategies and cull initial data sets to reduce review volume
Create review workflows
Prepare budgets and marketing proposals
Evaluate, negotiate contracts and monitor performance for selected vendors
Stay current in eDiscovery technologies, trends and legal updates
First point of contact on new matters
Seven plus years litigation support
Knowledge of eDiscovery trends and technologies
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to interface with Executives and Senior Partners
Attention to detail
Project Management experience
eDiscovery Attorney (NYC, Chicago, DC)
New York, Chicago, Washington DC
Commensurate with Experience
Our Client, one of the largest eDiscovery practices in the United States, is seeking to add another eDiscovery Attorney to their group.
First and foremost, the ideal candidate for this role is an eDiscovery litigator, someone who loves the advocacy and advisory side of eDiscovery. This person will be responsible for advising and counseling clients on case strategy, tactics, and organization, arguing dispositive eDiscovery matters in court, negotiating with opposing counsel, and writing briefs and motions.
The candidate will report to senior leadership within the eDiscovery & information governance group. The attorney hired for this position will work closely with our Client’s eDiscovery technical staff, case teams, and clients throughout multiple phases EDRM lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing preservation plans
- Developing e-discovery plans
- Assisting in relevancy scoping
- Providing analytical advice to include search terms, clustering and concepting
- Using advanced analytical tools, including predictive coding
- Coordinating and supervising reviews
- Technical proficiency handling discovery matters and platforms
- Experience and skills in information governance/records management are a plus.
- Previous eDiscovery experience is a plus
All Chicago candidates must be admitted to the Illinois Bar, New York candidates to the New York Bar, and Washington, D.C. candidates to the D.C. Bar.
Director/Senior Director for Operations (National/Midwest)
National (Relocation Required)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Client is looking for someone who can work with their operations managers and teams to improve efficiencies, make sure deliverables are being met, train junior staff, etc. as well as someone who can be deployed against critical client matters, and who can be an evangelist for the company.
- Position is 40% strategic and 50% tactical and 10% operations
- Role is responsible for making work, managing work and doing work
- Needs to have strong Relativity understanding and expertise, with Nuix knowledge preferred
- Needs to love data, process improvement and client deliverables
- Would report to an SVP level, and be a peer to the person running the Operations department, but would not manage direct reports
- Position is being created due to growth of department
- At least 50% travel required
Project Manager (East Coast)
Commensurate with Experience
A growing international eDiscovery service provider is seeking to add a Project Manager to their team. This person will serve as a leader in successfully managing client relationships through effective project management coordination and execution. Candidates must have a solid eDiscovery background and strong project management experience. Successful candidates will manage multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as the primary liaison with key client representatives with the goal of owning the service delivery relationship
- Drive overall client satisfaction through effective coordination and communication of client deliverables
- Effectively execute project forecasts and work schedules implemented by the Sr. Project Manager or Client Services Director
- Ensures client and project requirements are being met with the highest quality and accuracy through verification and communicating routinely with both the client and internal partners
- Consistently deliver proactive communication with clients and when client issues arises addresses those issues or expeditiously escalates to the Sr. Project Manager of Client Services Director
- Ensure that an update to date record is maintained with regard to the status of all projects being worked on
- Demonstrate leadership to both the client and internal partners, delivering project objectives professionally and with high quality
- A solid understanding of eDiscovery and the litigation support industry
- At least 2 years of experience in project management positions with law firms, corporate legal departments or eDiscovery service providers
- Demonstrated success in the management of multiple simultaneous projects
- Oral and written communication skills which provide a strong and confident leadership presence
- Excellent client relationship skills which include the ability to proactively manage client expectations, recognize client needs and adapt company capabilities to consistently meet client requirements
- A solid understanding of database design and management, data processing activities and legal document review requirements
- Demonstrated ability in each of the following areas: ensure effective control of all aspects of a project from initial planning through final production; development of project plans; balance overall client requirements; development of relationships; and review financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met
eDiscovery Partner (West Coast)
$275,000 – $450,000
Am Law 50 firm seeks an strong eDiscovery partner to help grow their practice group. Must have both litigation experience, as well as proven practice in eDiscovery law and client development skills. Book of business is required. Salary commensurate with current compensation and portable business.
Litigation Support Specialist (New York City)
New York City
$90,000-$120,000 plus overtime and bonus
AmLaw 50 firm is seeking a Litigation Support Specialist with strong project management and analytical skills to work closely with clients and case teams Ideal candidates will have a strong sense of ownership, the ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels and strong hands-on technical skills.
Collaborate with litigation support team on database management for various tools
Assist senior team with the design, creation, and update of databases
Promote the use of best practices and documented technical solutions for case management
Review and test new technologies used in litigation practice
Provide support for processing and imaging eDiscovery projects for various databases
Assist in designing training materials for clients and case teams
Troubleshoot and address system software issues for various applications
Work closely with vendors to address software issues
Develop in-depth expertise in various litigation support applications
Participate in litigation practice group and case team meetings
Bachelor’s degree preferred
At least two years of litigation support experience
Ability to research software applications for E-Discovery process improvement
Strong experience in litigation support database design and management – Familiarity with Access and SQL a plus
Ability to train users on tools such as Relativity, Concordance, Opticon, Case Map and TextMap
Ability to document protocols and procedures write or modify script for greater process improvement
Extensive experience working with and managing vendors
- financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met