EXECUTIVE CAREER OPPORTUNITIES
Practice Manager – Chicago $115K - $145K
Research and Knowledge Coordinator – Chicago $110K-$120K
Research and Knowledge Coordinator – Chicago $110K-$120K
Top 25 Am law firm is seeking a research and knowledge management professional to coordinate services for department. Ideal candidate will have MLS in Library Science or equivalent and prior law firm research experience . The ideal candidate will have expertise in using computer-based research tools: LexisNexis, Westlaw, Debtwire, Checkpoint, Bloomberg Law, Thomson One, IntelliConnect, and Practical Law as well as a thorough working knowledge of online and print legal and corporate information sources . The ability to create and maintain web pages is essential. Prior staff management or staff coordination experience is needed along with understanding of knowledge management principles, technology and best practices.
· Working with firm attorneys to promote awareness of knowledge management initiatives and to solicit their participation.
· Providing legal and corporate research to attorneys and support staff in Chicago and firm-wide.
· Designing and coordinating department outreach, orientation and training programs for attorneys and staff, on research software
Qualified candidates should send resume to Abby@cowengroup.com
Chief Technology Officer - Law Firm - Chicago - $115k-150k
Our client, a boutique transactional law firm in Chicago, is looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer to support their dynamic practice. The ideal candidate will be a “player coach,” able to execute and perform on required technical support tasks, such as Microsoft Office and Windows upgrades and website redesign, manage both internal and external resources, and provide strategic leadership, vision and long-term IT and IS planning for the firm. Candidates must have both a desire to work in a hands-on capacity while maintaining a big-picture focus.
Our client is a close-knit firm that places an emphasis on work life balance as well as providing excellent client service. Cultural fit is just as important as technical expertise, as the CTO will be working closely with both the firm COO and Managing Partner. Key responsibilities include leading the firm’s technology committee, evaluating and managing the firm’s current technical external provider, leading experienced employees, and evaluating/updating the firm’s security and business continuity/disaster recovery programs. This position reports up to the COO and will have significant impact on the growth and performance of the business. The firm offers great benefits in addition to a generous base salary and discretionary annual bonus. This is a confidential search.
- 5 years of experience as a Manager or Director in IT services
- Prior law firm experience preferred
eDiscovery Attorney (New York) $120,000-$165,000
Premier New York law firm seeks an eDiscovery staff attorney to join their internationally recognized litigation practice group, specializing in securities litigation, financial litigation and white collar crime. This is an opportunity to be closely embedded with a practice group and its clients, spearheading the ediscovery efforts for the team. Ideal candidates will have 3-5 years of experience, as well as a demonstrable professional and personal record of achievement, a willingness to “pitch in” and perform at all stages of discovery, a strong work ethic, extensive legal eDiscovery knowledge (including Sedona guidelines, FRCP rules, case law, etc) and a commitment to excellence that inspires confidence in their colleagues and clients.
- Perform document review and manage outsourced review providers (including 1st and 2nd pass reviews, privilege logs, review protocols, search terms and QC).
- Evaluate, select, negotiate with and manage ediscovery vendors.
- Oversee vendors performing the collection, preservation, search, hosting, review and production of data.
- Develop workflows, discovery protocols and budgets for specific cases and across matters for larger clients. This includes devising strategies for collection and preservation, contributing to search terms, drafting review protocols, and providing subject matter expertise for fact analysis, early case assessment and hearings.
- Advise case teams and clients on legal and regulatory eDiscovery requirements and process improvements to meet existing and future demand.
- Recommend traditional culling techniques as well as advanced technology assisted review methodologies to reduce volume of documents requiring review.
- Direct the tasks of multiple teams, including the internal litigation support technical team, outside review vendors, IT personnel, attorney case teams and clients.
- Manage multiple active cases and work closely with partners and associates to oversee successful discovery outcomes.
- Collaborate with case teams beyond the discovery process as necessary, including depositions, witness preparation and trial support.
- Provide legal expertise and training to case teams on all eDiscovery case law, rules, regulations, and best practices.
- Candidates should have 3+ years of experience working in large firm environment
- Candidates must have law school GPA of 3.0 or higher from an accredited school.
- Candidates must be active members of the NY bar.
- This person should have a strong work ethic, sense of ownership and responsibility, and project a calm, confident and capable demeanor
- The ideal candidate will have a strong experiential knowledge of the litigation lifecycle and eDiscovery, and expertise in various litigation support applications such as Relativity, Concordance, Nuix or iPro.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to understand the outcome of a litigation matter and see the bigger picture beyond discovery in order to get to the heart of what the case teams need and project a calm, confident and capable demeanor.
Marketing Generalist – Berkeley, CA
Marketing Generalist – Berkeley, CA
Salary $90k- $115k
Our client, an innovative technology company, seeks a marketing generalist to work alongside the Chief Marketing Officer. The ideal candidate will have 1 to 3 years experience in marketing as well as a background in legal gained through past education or past employment and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. This is a unique marketing generalist position with growth potential
- Working on social media campaigns
- Writing white papers and articles
- Creating blog postings
- Updating website
- Creating consistent messaging and branding
- Assisting with strategy
Please submit your resume to Abby@cowengroup.com
Information Governance Manager (Las Vegas) ($125-175K)
Information Governance Manager (Las Vegas) ($125-175K)
Our client, a quasi-governmental utility, seeks an Information Governance Manager to plan, organize, integrate, evaluate and manage an enterprise-wide program for management of the District’s information and data assets. This person is responsible for overseeing development and implementation of multidisciplinary structures, policies, procedures and processes to ensure alignment of business processes and technology solutions with effective and compliant information governance standards as well as business goals, and directs a comprehensive records management program applicable to all District physical and electronic records.
The ideal individual will have expertise in both information technology and information governance as well as strong leadership and management competencies to achieve information management goals working collaboratively across all departments.
- Plans, organizes, manages, controls, integrates and evaluates the work of supervisors and staff in the Information Governance division; with supervisors and staff, develops, implements and monitors plans, goals and objectives focused on achieving the department’s mission, strategic goals and assigned priorities; contributes to the development of and monitors performance against the annual department budget; manages and oversees the development, implementation and evaluation of plans, policies, systems and procedures to achieve annual and long-term goals, objectives and work standards.
- Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the performance of assigned supervisors and staff; establishes performance requirements and personal development targets; regularly monitors performance and provides coaching for performance improvement and development; recommends compensation and provides other rewards to recognize performance; subject to management concurrence, takes disciplinary action, up to and including termination, to address performance deficiencies, in accordance with District human resources and labor contract agreements.
- Provides day-to-day leadership and works with supervisors and staff to ensure a high performance, customer service-oriented work environment that supports achieving the department’s and the District’s mission, objectives and values regarding team building and employee empowerment; applies process improvement and quality management principles to assigned areas of responsibility; leads and promotes stewardship of organization and environmental resources.
- Participates with other members of the IT Management Team in the development and implementation of District strategic plans, goals and objectives; stays alert to and seeks out and promotes consideration of information and new approaches, methods and technology solutions to achieve long-term strategies and goals for improved operational effectiveness and excellence in customer service.
- Provides internal consulting services on a wide range of information governance issues; monitors trends and developments in areas of responsibility; analyzes proposed state and federal law, regulations and court decisions for their impact on information management and governance policies, practices and operations; recommends and implements policy and procedure changes consistent with strategic goals and business and legal compliance requirements.
- Conducts research and analyses, develops, recommends, evaluates and updates an Information Governance Strategic Plan, ensuring alignment with the IT Strategic Plan and overall strategic plan for the District; recommends adoption of policies, processes and procedures that ensure: consistent management of records and information across the enterprise and ease of access and retrieval of information; the protection of information assets; privacy and security requirements and compliance with all legal and regulatory requirements; identifies areas of risk associated with the information governance and records management program; develops, recommends and implements plans for improving and mitigating risk.
- Manages the design, development, implementation and maintenance of an enterprise content management system that supports District information management and governance requirements; confers with District managers and employees regarding current and anticipated information management requirements and the feasibility of alternative conceptual approaches to meeting requirements; reviews and approves: project feasibility and business case analyses, scope of work and project boundaries, detailed project plans, milestones and deadlines and project budgets; recommends policy, procedure and/or operational changes to complement system functionalities; drafts Request for Proposals, evaluates responses and recommends vendor selection; drafts language and negotiates and administers vendor contracts; manages development projects performed by internal and external resources; monitors project progress and reviews or prepares status reports; reviews and acts on contract change requests; approves deliverables developed by vendors/consultants; conducts project team meetings; meets with project technical and management steering committees on project issues and progress; manages project completion to ensure accountability for results.
- Manages, directs and oversees administration of the enterprise-wide records management program, covering the creation, maintenance, preservation, use and disposition of all physical and electronic records, data and information as defined by Nevada Revised Statutes, other applicable laws and regulations; oversees administration of records management methods, practices and procedures consistent with professional standards and industry best practices; directs the archival and preservation of historic records; ensures compliance with records retention schedule requirements and the disposition of records in accordance with established retention periods and legal requirements; approves records disposition reports to be submitted to the Board for approval; directs the periodic audit and review of departmental records management practices involving the capture, acceptance, indexing, classification, archival, maintenance, storage, preservation and retrieval of records.
- Collaborates with the Legal department in review of and response to Public Records Act and other information requests; oversees legal hold processes and ensures that physical and electronic records are searched and held and information is reproduced in accordance with all legal requirements.
- Designs and coordinates annual and periodic orientation and training programs to employees in department business units on records retention and information governance policies, practices and procedures; ensures system users are educated on the content management system; oversees the creation of documentation for system users; serves as an enterprise-wide advocate for effective governance processes and practices in the creation, security, integrity, use, archiving and destruction/deletion of corporate information and records.
- Coordinates and integrates information management and governance program activities with other IT units and divisions, including enterprise data management, network and systems administration and information security and compliance; organizes and coordinates activities across multiple customer business units.
- May personally perform projects or assignments involving highly complex, sensitive and/or confidential issues and situations.
- Represents the District on professional and community boards and committees.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Principles, practices and methods of information governance; principles and practices of information technology management; principles, methods and techniques of strategic planning; trends, directional developments and best practices in information governance technology as they apply to formulating technology and other solutions to meet enterprise information management objectives; principles, practices, methods and techniques of records management; Federal and state law and regulation governing the creation, maintenance, security, integrity, use, retention, preservation and disposition of public records, including privacy rights and requirements for dealing with confidential records and copyrighted materials; Practices and risks associated with preservation of information for litigation and methods for mitigating risk; systems analysis and design principles and methodologies; Internet and intranet technologies; data management and network architectures and design and integration theory and principles; available technologies and software applications used in management of records including document management, email management, archiving and eDiscovery systems; enterprise disaster planning and recovery principles and practices, particularly as they apply to records and information management requirements; principles and practices of public administration, including budgeting, purchasing and maintenance of public records; federal, state and local laws, regulations and court decisions applicable to assigned areas of responsibility; customer relationship management and internal consulting concepts and practices; research methods and analysis techniques; project management tools and techniques, including project costing and project change management and control; principles and practices of effective management and supervision; District human resources policies and labor contract provisions.
- Plan, organize, integrate and manage a comprehensive enterprise-wide information governance program including large-scale or enterprise technical applications, policies, processes and procedures ; understand, interpret, explain and apply requirements and District policies and standards applicable to the creation, maintenance, use, security, integrity, preservation, disclosure and disposition of public records; analyze complex business, operational, technology, regulatory compliance and/or other issues, requirements and needs and formulate conceptual frameworks, strategies and work plans to achieve integrated, efficient and cost-effective information governance technology and other solutions; work collaboratively across all departments to achieve good information management practices and compliance with all legal requirements; provide sound advice and support to department managers and staff regarding information governance issues; work collaboratively with District/SNWA management and others; organize, set priorities and exercise sound independent judgment and initiative within areas of responsibility; develop and implement appropriate management and operational procedures and controls; prepare clear, concise and comprehensive correspondence, reports, studies and other written materials; represent the District effectively in negotiations in areas of assigned responsibility; present proposals and recommendations clearly, logically and persuasively; use tact and diplomacy in dealing with sensitive and complex issues, situations and concerned people; establish and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of District management, contractors, consultants and vendors.
Training and Experience:
- A typical way of obtaining the knowledge, skills and abilities outlined above is graduation from a four-year college or university with a major in computer science, library science, management information systems or a closely related field; and seven years of progressively responsible information technology experience, at least three of which were in the following fields involving design and management of information governance systems: records management, archivist or library sciences preferably at a project management or supervisory level; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. Experience in a technology environment similar to that of the District is highly desirable.
- A Master’s In Library Science or a Juris Doctor Degree may be substituted for the required education and up to two years of the required general information technology experience.
- Certification as an Information Governance Professional, issued by the IGP Governance Board.
- Certification as a Records Manager (ICRM) or the equivalent, issued by the Institute of Certified Records Managers.
Certification as a Certified Information Privacy Professional, issued by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Chief Information Officer (Washington DC or Chicago) Comp: $175-250K
Chief Information Officer (Washington DC or Chicago) Comp: $175-250K
Our client, an international consulting organization, focused on providing big data, information governance, investigations, compliance, security breach response, and litigation technology expertise to corporate clients is looking to hire a Chief Information Officer (CIO). This position, reporting to the Company President, is responsible for providing leadership and direction in implementing and advancing all of the Company’’s Client Services (CS) and Information Systems (IS) initiatives, including all technology operations, practice support, and security. This position is 40% strategic, 30% tactical, and 30% operational, and needs a professional with equal amounts of business savvy, executive leadership capabilities, and deep big data management and technical expertise.
- Develop, track, and control the Client Services (CS) and Information Systems (IS) annual operating and capital budgets including business plan justification of the costs/identification of the benefits for spending and initiatives.
- Develop and implement CS and IS governance practices, policies, objectives, and activities to ensure reliability and scalability of operations while maximizing return on investments (ROIs) and increasing overall productivity.
- Analyze operations to evaluate the performance of the CS and IS departments, and their staff, in meeting objectives. Analysis will also help determine areas of potential cost reduction, increased productivity, program improvement or policy change.
- Maintain knowledge of developments in the area of systems and hardware to assure that new developments (i.e.: encryption at rest) are incorporated in the Company’s future systems and offer creative and innovative ideas for how to best use information technology to meet changing business demands and simplify operating practices.
- Plan and control staffing and development, organization, hardware acquisitions and facilities for the information systems department to assure that they are consistent with and supportive of the Company’s business plans.
- Evaluate external advancements in the IS industry to improve client/user satisfaction, reduce operating expenses and maximize revenues. (i.e.: Cloud, SAAS)
- Manage strong operating practices for vendor management, contracting, and ongoing support and maintenance of system applications.
- Approve the development and execution of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery and business continuity plan.
- Act as IT Security Specialist to ensure the client is always protected from internal and external security threats. This includes the oversight of overall IT disaster recovery strategy.
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate will have:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience across all phases of technology, management and information services operations, with a focus on big data mining and/or data analytics
- At least 5 years in a similar leadership role in a mid-sized, rapidly growing organization, or in a division of a large company;
- Experience in development and implementation of Business Intelligence platforms is highly desired;
- Experience in a professional services and/or law firm environment a plus
- Demonstrated success in building and managing high performance IT teams and technology initiatives across multiple offices is highly desired.
- Excellent management skills as well as strong depth of industry knowledge to assist Senior Management in managing the business.
- Bachelor of Science in computer science, information systems or related area.
- An MBA or an advanced degree in Business, Economics, or Technology preferred.
Practice Support Coordinator (London or Brussels) (Salary commensurate with experience)
Practice Support Coordinator (London or Brussels) (Salary commensurate with experience)
Our global law firm client is looking for a Practice Support Coordinator to join their Litigation Technology Specialist team in either the Brussels or London offices. Reporting to a Senior Attorney, the successful person for this role will demonstrate substantial, hands-on litigation technology expertise, strong client service focus, resourcefulness, and effective problem-solving under pressure in our fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment. The Litigation Technology/Practice Support team employs an international group of technicians and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art technology.
- Provides expertise on litigation support software and hardware to include recommending, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting databases and image-bases;
- Assists in supporting computer networks;
- Oversees and monitors vendor projects for quality control, working with litigation teams to create and maintain document repositories and document tracking systems, testing and ensuring quality in all product deliverables;
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to optimize hardware and network resources to support our Ediscovery operations.
- Assists in training attorneys and paralegals on document databases;
- Assists with evaluation and selection of new technology and applications
Qualifications and Experience:
- 3-5 years experience in litigation technology industry or in a law firm
- Substantial working knowledge in application and management of litigation technology platforms, databases and computer network technology such as Documatrix, Relativity, IPRO, Concordance, CaseMap, LAW, external web-based document repositories, and external web-based case management tools; experience with forensics tools and trial software, including Encase, Trial Director, etc, is a plus;
- Solid command of Microsoft applications;
- Excellent command of English; any other European language is an asset;
- Demonstrated interest in litigation technology;
- Demonstrated ability to manage computer networks and network storage;
- Effective oral and written communication skills for presentation and reporting functions;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Flexibility to work long hours as Firm needs require.
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team based environment;
- Reliable, high energy; ability to work under pressure, and to adhere to deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Professional ethic and manner–must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the Firm’s internal and personnel affairs;
- Law Firm-IT or Paralegal background with experience in EU case management and litigation a plus.
Global Head of Research: (New York) $165-220K base
Global Head of Research: (New York) $165-220K base
Our global law firm client is looking for an experienced legal management professional to lead, shape, and develop the firm’s commercial research strategy and program in alignment with the wider Practice Development strategy and objectives.
This role is responsible for a range of activities with particular emphasis on establishing services and products to support the partners’ and the firm’s business development activities. Reporting to the firm’s Chief Knowledge Officer, this person will manage all research activities and recruit and manage personnel to provide a leading practice service that has a demonstrable impact on the firm’s client service and business development outcomes.
- Work with the CKO to determine, articulate and deliver research strategy and program.
- Gather business requirements from key stakeholders (including the Business Development Committee) and develop output and establish service levels to meet agreed business priorities.
- Manage a global service approach that is conscious of local requirements and preferences.
- Set and maintain quality standards of output and deliverables.
- Manage the processes to review and monitor the research strategy and its impact, and report progress on a regular basis to relevant stakeholders.
- Act as subject matter expert with regard to research and remain abreast of new and emerging trends including technologies, vendors, user habits/trends and delivery models and reflect these in the research strategy and program as appropriate.
- Act as a key member of the Practice Development leadership team and influence the overall Practice Development strategy by acting as an advocate for the research program in leadership meetings and discussions.
- Establish a program of continuous improvement to ensure research strategy and deliverables continue to adapt and evolve.
- Optimize the use of external content and vendor licenses to ensure research output is leveraging the best/most appropriate content and complies with agreements etc.
- Recruit, retain, and develop a global team of research professionals, taking personal responsibility for the performance management and skills and career development of direct reports.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experienced research lead with proven track record of leading a research program in a commercial or professional services organization. Legal background preferred.
- Educated to graduate level. Post graduate qualification in an information or research related discipline preferred.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a global leadership position.
- Strong understanding of research techniques and technologies.
- Ability to work globally and interpret and translate business requirements into research output.
- Focus on actionable outputs and deliverables with understanding of, and ability to use, innovative techniques to display information and data.
- Excellent understanding of the critical success factors for a research function.
- Ability to engage and influence senior stakeholders.
Practice Manager - Chicago or NYC
Location: Chicago or New York
Compensation: $95,000 – $120,000
The Practice Manager supports specified National and Local Department Heads and Practice Group Leaders in daily operations, administration and management of departments and practice groups to drive the strategic and profitable growth of the firm. Provides targeted, strategic support and operates as the trusted advisor of National and Local Department Heads and Practice Group Leaders in the execution of department and practice group initiatives. Implements firm-wide strategic projects and initiatives at the department and practice group levels. Collaborates across offices, practice groups, and infrastructure departments, including Attorney Development, Attorney Recruiting, Marketing and Business Development, Finance, Information Technology, and other various administrative and operational functional teams on related projects and initiatives.
- Provide highest level of service to department heads, practice group leaders, attorneys and other timekeepers.
- Lead the implementation and execution of knowledge and matter management systems and manage practice group resources.
- Oversee content development for practice group intranet sites.
- Perform regular audits of practice group and department resources.
- Facilitate the annual business planning process for practice groups.
- Collaborate with department and firm leadership to develop department and practice group business strategies.
- Oversee execution of and progress on practice group strategic business plan action items.
- Review and analyze department financial performance, including attorney production and utilization, department and practice revenue, budgets and forecasting.
Bachelor’s degree required; J.D. or M.B.A. preferred. Minimum of five years relevant experience in a law firm. Client service experience a plus.
Global Legal Project Management Operations Manager
Global Legal Project Management Operations Manager
Compensation: $135,000 – $150,000
Leading global law firm seeks a Global Legal Project Management Operations Manager, who will support the implementation of the Firm’s Legal Project Management strategic initiatives and will have overall responsibility for leading the global LPM support function. This includes managing all aspects of the Firms matter planning system and related LPM processes and methodologies.
- Establish broad legal project management infrastructure across the firm and help institutionalize project management disciplines and techniques throughout the Firm by demonstrating to partners the value that proactive management of legal matters can deliver
- Lead the support of matter planning system,, assist in deployment of technology, associated lawyer training and change management initiatives
- Act as a resource for lawyers, clients and support staff and provide matter specific guidance on managing resources, defining and utilizing matter work plans, preparing and analyzing budgets, identifying issues as they arise and options for resolution and course correction
- Work with Director of Pricing and Legal Project Management to further develop the Firm’s LPM strategy and approach, and assist in implementation thereof, including the design and implementation of processes and related tools to build out and enhance Firm’s LPM methodology
- Manage and direct global team of legal project management resources, across the Firm’s offices and practice groups
- Develop legal project management training materials/content and lead the delivery of training to Firm’s lawyers
- Work with Legal Process Improvement resources, Knowledge Management, and Information Technology Teams to identify opportunities to increase service delivery efficiencies
- Manage Firm’s LPM operations globally, including related process and systems, with significant emphasis on US function
- Manage and provide guidance and leadership to LPM support resources including LPM analysts and client dedicated project managers
- Ensure a collaborative and proactive working relationship is maintained with others in the Pricing and LPM team, Finance and Accounting department, Business Development, Knowledge Management and Firm Practice Leaders and lawyers
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Post graduate degree/qualification required (MBA, JD or PMP)
- 15 years of postgraduate work experience at mid to senior level, of which 5 years in legal operations / legal project management role
- The LPM Global Operations Manager will have broad experience and business acumen including; legal project management best practices, team management, and practice area support, preferably within a professional services organization
- Will have hands on experience in business requirements definition, process analysis and improvement, and the management of large global projects. He or she will demonstrate a broad understanding of the market for legal services, including the business of law, the competitors and dynamics of the industry
- Must be able to interact with clients and attorneys in a professional, approachable manner. The ability to facilitate meetings and workshops for a range of audience levels is important, in addition to the ability to influence decision makers and other stakeholders. This individual must be able to write for a mid-to high level business audience and reflect global and cultural considerations in their interactions within the Firm
- Proficient with MS-Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Visio, Project
- Ability to write basic SQL queries desirable
- Self motivated, self-starter, focused on creating a high performing, highly motivated and energetic Legal Project Management team
- Experience working with global teams; ability to adapt to different cultures and work environments
- Team awareness – recognizes and understands both personal and team dynamics and relationships; recognizes motivational issues and incentivizes and motivates team members
- Strong understanding of project management principles and methodologies with demonstrated experience in project delivery
- International travel required
Litigation Support Manager – NY
Litigation Support Manager – NY
Compensation: $170-225K base
Our client, an AMLAW 100 firm is looking for a Litigation Support Manager to join their team in New York. The Manager will be responsible for implementing the firm-wide strategic initiatives and provide support for automated litigation technology solutions in the New York and Boston offices.
To be successful in this role you must have excellent interpersonal skills as well as the political and business acumen needed to navigate the demands of a law firm and motivate staff.
The Litigation Support Manager has overall responsibility for the consultative and operational activities for litigation support and practice management within the New York office through a coordinated strategy involving Litigation Support and Practice Support professionals and paralegals. This role will have 4 direct reports, and will report to both the Director of Litigation and Practice Support Services and the Director of Administration.
- Plans, manages, organizes, coordinates, and controls the overall office operations for Paralegals, Litigation Support and Practice Support Services.
- Supervises the Paralegal, Litigation Support and Practice Support staff to develop internal project plans
- Assists with evaluating vendor proposals and coordinates and negotiates vendor contract services and pricing
- Presents plans and budgets to legal team and/or client, and recommends appropriate vendor accordingly
- Markets department capabilities and is the primary point of contact for the office attorneys..
- Supervises and directs office Paralegals, Litigation Support and Practice Support personnel, including interviewing and managing the performance review process.
- Assists in establishing firm-wide best practices for Paralegals, Litigation Support and Practice Support
- Coordinates with internal and external clients.
- Stays current on best of breed technologies, strategies and solutions
- Ability to travel to other offices as needed
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of eight years working in litigation support with two of those years in a supervisory role and have expertise in knowledge of technologies specific to litigation support and practice management. The ideal candidate will have the ability to work with attorneys and clients in a consultative manner and understand best practices and be up to date on workflow and technologies. Must be able to plan budgets and costs associated with litigation support and have prior experience coordinating vendor contracts.
Litigation Technology Specialist – Washington, D.C.
Litigation Technology Specialist – Washington, D.C.
Compensation: $65,000 – $110,000 + OT, depending on experience.
Our client is seeking an experienced litigation technology specialist for their world class Discovery team in Washington D.C.
The litigation technology specialist will assist the legal teams on technical aspects of litigation support and eDiscovery. Ideal candidates will demonstrate substantial working litigation technology expertise, strong client service focus, resourcefulness, and effective problem-solving under pressure in a fast paced, complex, and dynamic environment.
This position will afford selected candidates the opportunity to work on highly-visible and innovative matters, the chance to collaborate with leaders in eDiscovery, and the opportunity to develop creative technical solutions to challenging eDiscovery issues. If you are a technologist who likes to tinker to develop creative workarounds or who has programming skills that you frequently use to achieve desired results when facing technical obstacles, this may be the position for you.
- Provides expertise on litigation support software and hardware to include recommending, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting databases and imagebases
- Assists in supporting computer networks
- Oversees and monitors vendor projects for quality control, working with litigation teams to create and maintain document repositories and document tracking systems, testing and ensuring quality in all product deliverables
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to optimize hardware and network resources to support the eDiscovery operations
- Assists in training attorneys and paralegals on document databases
- 3-5 years’ experience in litigation technology industry or litigation in a law firm preferably working on complex multi-party litigation
- Law firm IT, paralegal, and/or case management and litigation experience, a plus
- Substantial working knowledge in application and management of litigation technology platforms and databases and computer network technology such as Concordance, LAW, Documatrix, Relativity, IPRO, Opticon, LiveNote, CaseMap, external web-based document repositories, and external web-based case management tools
- Experience with forensics tools and trial software, including Encase and Trial Director, preferred
- Solid command of Microsoft applications
- Demonstrated ability to manage computer networks and network storage
- Effective oral and written communication skills for presentation and reporting functions
- Strong organizational skills, ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team, and ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions
- Reliable contributor with stamina, ability to work under pressure, and to adhere to deadlines
- Professional ethic and manner with demonstrated ability to maintain strict confidentiality with regard to all Firm affairs and business
Senior Project Manager (D.C.) - $100,000 – $135,000
$100,000 – $135,000
Our client, an AmLaw 100 firm is looking for a Senior Project Manager to serve as a primary point of contact and coordinate between case teams and the firm’s Litigation Support function and Review team. Ideal candidates will have established experience in consulting with legal teams on all aspects of the discovery process, including application of technology and best practices to specific matters, oversight and execution of all tasks from records retention, and legal hold to collection, processing, hosting, review and production.
- Ability to interact with clients and case teams and make recommendations on a variety of tasks, ranging from collection methodologies to effective database design.
- Strong knowledge of litigation support software such as Relativity, Equivio, Axcelerate, Concordance, CaseMap and LiveNote.
- Strong understanding of the litigation process, including all phases of discovery and trial.
- Understanding of corporate IT infrastructure design.
- Superb project management skills, attention to detail and the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong case and project management skills.
- Ability to analyze a problem/project and propose innovative solutions.
- Strong customer service skills and fluency in standard MS Office applications and ability to quickly master new litigation software.
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative, exercise discretion and exercise independent judgment.
- Previous project management experience preferred.
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of related work experience, or equivalent.
eDiscovery Associate(non-partner track) D.C. or San Francisco
eDiscovery Associate (non-partner track)
Location: D.C. or San Francisco
Compensation: $60,000 – $ $90,000
The eDiscovery Associate will steer the logistics of discovery from start to finish, establishing a transparent and trustworthy process for the case team and the client. Serve as a liaison between case teams, Litigation Support, document review services, trial services, the client and vendors. Keep the case team abreast of progress during discovery, reporting on work that has been accomplished, work remaining, estimated costs and timetables for completion. Help determine, document and execute project planning, scheduling, and technical requirements. Take ownership of the discovery process, shepherding the project through the planning, collection, processing, review, and production stages, including the ultimate use of productions in depositions, motions practice and trial. Assist the case team in developing the facts of the case, interviewing witnesses, and transferring this information to the document review team. The E-Discovery Associate will also be familiar with E-Discovery case law, keeping current on developments in the law, conducting legal research and drafting motions when necessary to support the litigation team. Will be flexible and able to adapt to the unexpected, navigate difficult deadlines and manage the many internal and external participants in the process.
- JD degree issued by an accredited law school
- Member in good standing of the bar in home office state is required
- Seeking a candidate with 2 – 4 years’ experience, E-Discovery experience preferred
- Working familiarity with E-Discovery technology and tasks including and especially document collections, reviews, and productions preferred
- Familiarity with information technology preferred
- Project management experience preferred
- Strong legal research and writing skills preferred
Litigation Support Specialist - $60,000 – $90,000
Litigation Support Specialist
Compensation: $60,000 – $90,000
Responsible for working within a team of talented individuals to perform the analysis, extraction, conversion, reporting, normalization, searching, statistical analysis and quality control of all electronic data from various sources for purposes of electronic discovery and litigation support. The Litigation Support Specialist should have experience providing complex legal support and technical assistance to attorneys and professional legal staff.
Provide hands-on litigation technology support including, but not limited to, projects such as database creation and maintenance; importing images, data and transcripts into databases; exporting data; re-formatting and converting data; scanning, OCR and coding; Formatting and general processing of data for legal review using electronic discovery software tools and technology; Perform searches and manage the technical administration of document reviews. Produce data to outside parties using common litigation support platforms; Assist with electronic document productions, including production of native or images files, burning CD/DVDs and performing batch printing processes; Assist attorneys and case teams with trial preparation and setup of war rooms; Provide training to legal professionals on the use of litigation support applications; Troubleshoot litigation support applications and databases.
A working knowledge of the litigation process and a strong understanding on the use of technology to support litigation efforts with an emphasis on discovery, document productions, electronic document management, coding and scanning procedures and trial support; Experience utilizing and administering litigation technology platforms and databases such as Relativity, Summation, Concordance, IPro, LAW Prediscovery, West Case Notebook, Trialdirector/Sanction; Ability to analyze incoming electronic data to determine appropriate processing requirements; Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel, including lawyers, paralegals and technical support personnel; Strong analytical skills, highly organized/detail oriented and ability to effectively execute and manage projects; Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment; Candidate should enjoy problem solving and have a willingness to learn new skills and take on new challenges.
Bachelor’s degree and two to five years of litigation support experience, preferably in a law firm environment; Experience with Relativity preferred; Working knowledge of litigation-related applications (e.g., Relativity, Summation, Concordance, IPro, LAW Prediscovery,West Case Notebook, Trialdirector/Sanction) and database administration required. A general understanding of PC hardware, peripherals and network organization necessary; Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
eDiscovery Attorney (National)
Top New York litigation firm seeks an eDiscovery attorney to join their practice.
- Oversight of the collection, preservation, search, review, and production of data for various cases for large serial litigants
- Develop workflows, discovery protocols and budgets for specific cases and also cross-matter for larger clients. This includes strategies for collection and preservations, contributing to search terms, review protocols, and providing subject matter expertise for fact analysis, early case assessment and hearings
- Advise case teams and clients on legal and regulatory eDiscovery requirements to meet existing and future demand
- Contribute to the oversight and execution of process improvements to ensure ongoing best practices for your clients and the firm
- Direct the tasks of multiple teams, including the internal litigation support technical team, outside review vendors, IT personnel, attorney case teams and clients
- Oversight of review, including review by firm associates, managed service providers, and contract attorneys
- Collaboration with case teams beyond the discovery process, including depositions, witness preparation and trial
- Candidates should have 3+ years of experience working in large firm environment, plus 1-3 years of vendor experience.
- Candidates must have law school GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- This person will be responsible for managing multiple active cases and working closely with partners and associates to oversee successful discovery outcomes.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong experiential knowledge of the litigation lifecycle and eDiscovery, expertise in various litigation support applications including Relativity and Nuix, ability to see the bigger picture and get to the heart of what the case teams need, and project a calm, confident and capable demeanor.
National Director of Sales - $400,000 Total Compensation
eDiscovery Sales Expert (New York City) - $100,000 - $125,000
eDiscovery Sales (major metropolitan markets) - Base Salary $150,000.00
Director of Practice Management - Litigation - $250,000-325,000
Director of Practice Management – Litigation – $250,000-325,000
The Director of Practice Management is responsible for furthering the strategic initiatives of the Litigation practice and the Firm, including working with the COO and Litigation Practice Chairs to develop and implement a business plan for the group, overseeing the daily operations of the practice, and serving as a liaison between the practice and other administrative departments.
Strategic Planning and Execution:
- Development and execution of strategic business plans at the practice and practice subgroup levels.
- Monitor strategic business plan performance and suggest proactive measures to achieve priorities.
- Streamline various processes to allow the practice and subgroup heads to effectively manage their groups.
- Facilitate communications, including helping to coordinate regular meetings and communicating key developments (clients, wins, policies, procedures, new hires, etc.).
- Develop and improve the use of knowledge management tools for the practice. This includes working closely with IS and others to automate processes.
- Coordinate training regarding Legal Project Management, including: content delivery (research, precedent, etc.) to support steps in process.
- Participate in the development and delivery of matter management tools.
- Coordinating efforts to address business conflicts.
Finance: Liaise with the Finance Department to:
- Develop practice-level financial reporting, dashboards and other management reporting tools.
- Analyze performance of Litigation practice: Evaluate realization and utilization of resources in order to identify gaps/surpluses; evaluate revenues and profitability; identify solutions/remedies for resource issues; define hours/revenue targets and revise as needed; support billing and collection efforts.
- Analyze types of services offered by the Litigation practice: Work with Finance and IS to identify tools to track practice financial information (services, utilization, etc.).
- Evaluate and manage practice-wide and practice subgroup expense budgets to ensure spending is aligned with strategic objectives.
- Enhance the Alternative Fee Arrangement (AFA) process for the Litigation practice and monitor the success of actual results, including identifying tools to support analysis as needed.
- Function as the practice liaison to ensure that recruiting, growth and productivity efforts for the practice are coordinated and aligned with practice and Firm-wide strategy
- Develop target candidate lists for high-level positions within Litigation practice; develop practice-specific materials for headhunters and candidates, assist with business plans for high-level candidates.
- Assist with integration efforts for new attorneys, including developing a plan for integration visits; developing a list of new lateral’s client and prospect targets, collecting and monitoring previous experience and data entry.
- Work closely with Department Chairs on income partner and capital partner elevation processes
- Assist Practice Chairs in identifying staffing inefficiencies and implementing procedures which correct the inefficiencies.
- Coordinate internal training for the Litigation practice working with the professional development department.
- Coordinate workflow for the department using assignment system tools.
Business Development: Liaise with the business development group to:
- Assist with business development aspects of the Firm’s Litigation practice, as well as Firm-wide initiatives that support client acquisition and expansion goals.
- Determine opportunities for growth and identify what areas are in decline; analyze and identify market trends.
- Develop and improve knowledge management tools for the practice. This includes working closely with BD and IS and others to automate processes that will enhance the ability to spot trends and opportunities and collaborate more efficiently (internally and with clients).
- Analyze the client base to determine opportunities to expand client relationships, reasons for declining revenues or loss of work.
- Assist in developing and managing a budget for business development expenses.
- MUST have current law firm experience to be considered
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- JD, MBA required
- CPA strongly preferred
- Extensive legal industry background and proven leadership experience.
- Litigation experience preferred.
Knowledge Architect(Legal) - $130,000 - $160,000
Knowledge Architect – $130,000-160,000
Our client, a global AmLaw 50 firm is looking for a Knowledge Architect to join and help develop their burgeoning KM group. The KM function is responsible for design and management of a knowledge architecture which enables partners and lawyers to find, access, and utilize knowledge and IP in the course of their work and across a number of tools and processes.
The Knowledge Architect will support the development of integrated knowledge solutions and supporting governance and processes that improve search and browse solutions and more clearly defines the way in which knowledge is managed and accessed across the firm.
The Knowledge Architect is also responsible for design and implementation of the firm’s ‘knowledge architecture’ and ensures it aligns and integrates with the firm’s wider content architecture; working closely with the Knowledge Solutions Lead and KM team members. The Knowledge Architect represents the Knowledge function in firm-wide activities related to content including content strategies and content lifecycle management.
This position reports up to the global Chief Knowledge Strategy Officer. This role has growth potential to expand into a management role as the department grows.
- Oversees implementation of firm-wide knowledge architecture
- Ensure risk/security requirements and policies are reflected in knowledge architecture (and content management lifecycles) and are being upheld
- Leads the knowledge team in organizing and providing access to firm knowledge and IP as well as relevant external content and information
- Leads knowledge audits to determine and continuously evaluate the specific knowledge needs of users and their knowledge/business processes
- Assesses the overall ‘user experience’ of the knowledge program with particular focus on integration of knowledge solutions with Partners’ and lawyers’ work processes
- Defines knowledge processes and identifies the technical requirements for creating, capturing, organizing and accessing firm’s knowledge capital
- Works closely with Knowledge Solutions Lead and IT to design solutions based upon knowledge architecture
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Current or prior experience working within a law firm IT environment is required
- Experience working with a professional consulting organization preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Knowledge Solutions Lead - $120,000 - $140,000
Knowledge Solutions Lead – $120,000-$140,000k
Our client, a global AmLaw 50 firm is looking for a Knowledge Solutions Lead to join and help develop their burgeoning KM group. The KM function is responsible for the design and management of a suite of knowledge solutions which enable partners and lawyers to find, access, and utilize knowledge and IP in the course of business development and client delivery.
The Knowledge Solutions Lead will be required to create an integrated ‘platform strategy’; and develop and manage a business-focused portfolio of knowledge solutions that provide an integrated and consistent user experience (UX). This position reports up to the global Chief Knowledge Strategy Officer. This role has growth potential to expand into a management role as the department grows.
- Develop and manage knowledge solutions and define associated platform strategy in alignment with overall Knowledge strategy
- Provide leadership and guidance to Knowledge function (and other support functions as appropriate) on matters related to knowledge solutions
- Establish and implement policy and guidelines for appropriate use of knowledge solutions including guiding principles, layouts, templates, web parts – and monitor appropriate use
- Lead continuous improvement initiatives to ensure solutions continue to meet business requirements and emerging needs/capabilities
- Maintain knowledge solutions in alignment with Service Level Agreements and KPIs such as performance, accessibility etc.
- Act as SME/SPOC for IT in relation to knowledge solution technologies and related technology decisions and development/upgrades
- Implement and manage metrics capability to assess use and effectiveness of knowledge solutions
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Current or prior experience working within a law firm IT environment is required
- Experience working with a professional consulting organization preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Federal Government eDiscovery Program Manager (Washington D.C.)
Compensation $175,000 – $225,000 Duties and Responsibilities: Serve as the program manager typically responsible for organizing, directing, and managing all aspects of contract operational support functions involving multiple complex and inter-related project tasks that often require managing teams of contractor personnel at multiple locations. Provide overall direction of program activities. Manage and maintain contractor interface with the senior levels of the customer’s organization. Consult with customer and contractor personnel to formulate and review task plans and deliverables, ensuring conformance with program and project task schedules and costs and contractual obligations. Establish and maintain technical and financial reports to show progress of projects to management and customers, organize and assign responsibilities to subordinates, oversee the successful completion of all assigned tasks, and assume the initiative and provide support to marketing personnel in identifying and acquiring potential business. Domain knowledge such as IT may be required depending on the requirement of the task order. Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong Litigation Background.
- 15 years professional experience.
- 10 years Federal PM experience.
- Program/project with $10M annual budget.
- 10 years Information Technology experience.
- Experience with developing project management methodologies.
- The clearance level required is dependent on the type of clearance supported by our client.
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree or equivalent, and ten to twelve years of related experience, including three to five years of supervisory/management experience.
eDiscovery Attorney (Philadelphia) $140,000 - $170,000
eDiscovery Attorney – Philadelphia – $140-170k
Our client, a major East Coast law firm is seeking to add to its established eDiscovery practice. The eDiscovery Attorney will be working directly with litigation attorneys and litigation support personnel, third-party service providers, and client legal, IT, and records management staff to ensure that defensible, cost-effective procedures are employed throughout the eDiscovery lifecycle of large litigations.
- Spearhead eDiscovery element of meet and confer conferences
- Advise on eDiscovery portions of discovery requests and responses
- Develop and implement preservation plans
- Organize forensic document collections
- Evaluate, select, negotiate with, and managing service providers
- Recommend both traditional culling techniques strategies to reduce volume of documents requiring review, as well as by leveraging advanced technology-assisted review methodologies
- Prepare record managers and IT personnel for depositions
- Maintain clear documentation of eDiscovery decisions and reasoning
- Serve on the Firm’s eDiscovery Committee and appropriate working groups
- Counsel colleagues Develop document review workflows, assigning roles, and supervising reviews using advanced analytics to increase efficiency and mitigate risk
- Implement document review and production quality control procedures and clients on eDiscovery and information governance best practices
- Remain abreast of eDiscovery legal developments in both the litigation and governmental investigation contexts and preparing newsletters summarizing developments and implications
- Contribute to the training of attorneys and paralegals on the state of eDiscovery case-law, best practices, and how best to work with the Litigation Support department and third-party vendors
- Develop and implement standardized protocols applicable to all cases in order to ensure a consistent approach
- J.D. degree and membership in good standing in the Pennsylvania state bar (or state of primary office as applicable)
- 5 or more years of hands-on experience coordinating the eDiscovery phases of complex litigation matters at a large law firm, including preservation, collection, processing, review, quality control, and production. At least 3 years of experience serving in a dedicated eDiscovery capacity.
- Expertise with evaluating competing eDiscovery tools and negotiating with service providers
- Fluency with several of the dominant review platforms, such as Axcelerate, Concordance, Clearwell, Ontrack Inview, Relativity, Ringtail, and Summation
- Substantial knowledge of current state of eDiscovery rules, case law, and best practices
- Proven process-driven management, organizational, and communication skills
- Formal or informal technical experience/education is strongly preferred
eDiscovery Counsel/Director of eDiscovery - DC or New York - $225-300k
eDiscovery Counsel/Director of eDiscovery – DC or New York – $225-300k
Our client, a global AmLaw 50 firm is looking for an eDiscovery Counsel to provide the vision, direction and leadership to assure the Firm has a leading electronic discovery services team to support its practice groups. The eDiscovery Counsel will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the Litigation Support Department, including strategic planning, business model, negotiation and oversight of outside vendors, workload allocation and utilization, budgeting, and talent development. The eDiscovery Counsel will also advise clients and case teams in designing and implementing eDiscovery plans in the context of complex litigation, arbitration or other disputes. This will include being highly involved in all phases of the EDRM life cycle – including preservation, collection, processing, review, quality control and production, as well as assisting with any business development efforts.
- Lead and promote development and promotion of eDiscovery best practices throughout the Firm to enhance efficiencies, reduce cost and mitigate risk.
- Drive innovation efforts within the Litigation Support department and in conjunction with the Disputes and Competition Sections.
- Serve as an expert of eDiscovery issues, activities and projects
- Direct the tasks of multiple teams, including the Litigation Support team, outside vendors and others, as needed.
- Monitor financial performance of department with director to ensure it meet standards of productivity. Track and report on client deliverables using metrics
- Serve as strategic advisor for clients, attorneys and staff on issues related to eDiscovery and litigation readiness. Provide guidance on data preservation, privacy, security and information governance issues to ensure compliance with corporate policies, regulatory requirements and good business practice.
- Develop workflows, discovery protocols and budgets for matters. This includes assisting with setting strategies for collection, preservation, contributing to search terms, review protocols, and providing subject-matter expertise as needed.
- J.D. degree from an ABA-accredited institution
- Membership in good standing of the Bar in office of practice.
- At least 8 years of experience coordinating the eDiscovery phases of complex matters across the EDRM
- Strong analytical abilities and leadership skills. Superb oral and written communications skills. Independent judgment and discretion.
- 8+ years of supervisory experience and ability to lead professional development efforts for Litigation Support team.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the EDRM and litigation readiness. Technical proficiency handling discovery matters and platforms, like Relativity and Concordance.
- Experience conducting document review.
- Knowledge regarding attorney-client and work product privilege and ability to train others on same in a document review setting.
- Proven ability to manage large departments and competing priorities.
- Knowledge of the firm’s and department policies and ability to administer them consistently
Technical Data Engineers/Specialists (Multiple Locations)
Our client an established eDiscovery and Enterprise IT Company is seeking Technical Data Engineers/Specialists to support, infrastructure, hosting and data within a Relativity environment. The ideal candidate will possess strong technical skills building and maintaining servers and other infrastructure, creating and maintaining a secure and stable processing environment as well as creating and maintaining a secure and stable hosting environment both internally and for external clients. Knowledge of the unique needs and best practices for a Relativity environment strongly preferred.
To be successful in this role you must be able to work independently be self motivated, possess attention to detail, be proactive and possess strong verbal communication skills. Salary is commensurate with experience. Positions are in multiple locations.
Technical Project Manager
Our client, a leading AmLaw 100 firm is looking for a technical Project Manager to join their litigation support and eDiscovery team. Ideal candidates will be able to:
- Advise legal teams on the strategic use of technology to effectively manage cases and enhance client relationships.
- Ensure that internal and external clients receive exemplary, seamless support and verification that all litigation support needs are met.
- Assist attorneys in the delivery of planning, budgeting, collecting, and reporting tools
- Ensure the litigation practice is using appropriate, innovative, cost effective technologies to manage discovery processes.
- Provide technical assistance for Relativity, Concordance, Opticon, Access, CaseMap, IPRO, LiveNote, online review tools, and other litigation software.
- Work with vendors on negotiation of contracts in and maintain preferred vendor database.
- Train attorneys, paralegals and staff on the use of computer technology in case management, technology tools, and e-discovery issues.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of best practices in the use of technology and workflow processes.
- Travel periodically to attend training seminars on the use of litigation support tools.
- Participate on appropriate committees, task forces, teams, and industry organizations to stay current with developments in litigation support technology.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, and recommendation of practice support applications.
- Manage vendor RFP processes and vendor relationships for case support.
- Ideal candidate must have experience with Relativity and Concordance.
- Must have demonstrated project management experience and experience managing litigation reviews.
- Must have previous in-trial support experience.
- 3 + years litigation support experience in a law firm or with a vendor.
- Vendor background and experience highly desired.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
$85-115K base, plus OT
Director of Client Delivery (D.C. or Chicago)
Our client, an international Litigation Services Provider, specializing in forensics, ECA, ediscovery, data analytics and information governance for Fortune 500 clients, is looking to add a Director of Client Delivery to their award winning team. The Director of Client Delivery Discovery Services is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the Client Delivery Department, including managing and directing the Data Intake, Operations, Client Services, and Custom Development teams. This position will also be responsible for direct client contact and serve as an escalation point for all client matters.. The scope of responsibility encompasses a wide range of duties, including, but not limited to:
- Strategic Planning
- Budgeting and Financial Management (department profitability)
- Utilization of Resources
- Workload Allocation
- Talent Development
- Operations Oversight
- Business Development
- Manage a team of 24 people across 4 departments, including 3 Managers in the US
- Responsible for performance, growth and development of European operations and client delivery groups
- Serve as a strategic advisor for clients, attorneys and staff on issues related to electronic discovery, forensics, ECA, data analytics, legal technology and litigation readiness.
- Lead ongoing development and promotion of e-discovery best practices throughout the company to enhance efficiencies and reduce costs
- Maintain market differentiators in ediscovery, data analytics, and information governance
- and practice support for the firm.
- Ultimate responsibility for client satisfaction of meeting deadlines and goals
- Assess current state of departments, evaluate against current market trends, drive innovation efforts, and continuously enhance quality and efficiencies of services.
- Hire, train, retain, mentor and inspire staff, including leading professional development efforts for team members
- Contribute to executive leadership of overall organization, including, assisting leadership with general risk management and resource allocation efforts.
- Serve as subject matter expert and participate in client development presentations and pitches, as appropriate
- Proven ability to lead and develop talent, including managers for teams of at least 15 people
- Proven ability to manage departmental P&L over $10MM annually
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and efficiently with both corporate clients and outside counsel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple complex functions at once with attention to detail and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to develop creative solutions.
- Independent judgment and discretion.
- Extensive experience with all aspects of the EDRM, data analytics and information governance
- Understanding of common IT architectures and applications used by Fortune 500 companies
- Experience with Technology Assisted Review Tools and Predictive Coding.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, required and advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years in e-discovery with 4-8 year of management experience in a law firm, corporation or professional service environment.
Litigation Support Project Manager/Supervisor - (Long Island, NY)
200 attorney Long Island firm seeks hands on Litigation Support Manager with strong technical skills. Must love providing strategy, tactics and execution on major and minor cases. The ability to manage up to partners, out to clients, vendors and service providers is critical to success in this position. If you have the ability to take a firm to the next level, have the political and technical savvy to be a change agent this is the job for you. This is a great opportunity for a senior project manager to take your career to the next level or a current hands on litigation support manager to work on Long Island.
eDiscovery Senior Counsel (New York)
Our client, a premier AmLaw 50 firm is looking to add an eDiscovery Senior Counsel with regional leadership responsibilities to their growing department. Ideal candidates will provide The attorney hired for this position will advise clients and case teams in designing and implementing e-discovery plans in the context of complex litigation and discovery.
The individual should have eight or more years of experience coordinating the e-discovery phases of complex litigation matters including preservation, collection, processing, review, quality control, and production. This a great opportunity to join the sophisticated and growing e-discovery practice of a global law firm, and to work with a team of lawyers and technicians across offices who are passionate about their work.
- Strong analytical abilities/skills
- Strong leadership skills
- Superb oral and written communication skills
- Strong desire to work in a team-oriented environment
- 8+ years of supervisory experience
- Technical proficiency handling discovery matters and platforms like Relativity and Concordance
All candidates must be admitted to the New York Bar.
Litigation Support Senior Specialist/Project Manager (Washington D.C.)
$95,000-$135,000 plus OT
Our client, an AmLaw 50 firm is looking to add a Litigation Support Senior Specialist/Project Manager to their D.C. office. This person will be responsible for performing high level analytical tasks, including: consulting with case teams and clients in order to solve problems and provide solutions, researching software applications for database management, document productions, script creation, preparing data for trial, vendor management, training and providing support for Litigation Support applications. This positions will receive work and direction from the Manager of the Department and will work closely with other specialists and analysts This individual may work independently on case projects, or direct teams of more junior staff members when necessary. This position is at least 70% billable.
Ideal candidates for this role will be methodical and organized. They must have the ability to multi-task, document completed tasks, and operate well under time constraints and similar influences.Excellent written and oral communication skills are required, as are the ability to cultivate customer relationships, and relationships with co-workers.
- Consult with and advise attorneys and legal assistants about litigation support (LS) best practices, strategy, technology and vendor selection as it relates to their cases.
- Assist users in determining specific database requirements and train users on databases.
- Responsible for the design, development, training and supervision of LS databases for client and firm work.
- Interface with client’s litigation support and IT staff on identification, collection, and service provider selection.
- Consult with case teams development of discovery plans, including consulting on search terms and the burden of responding to document requests and subpoenas
- Promote the use of analytics and technical automation tools for case management and LS.
- Provide support for imaging and electronic discovery litigation-related projects.
- Work with vendors, legal assistants and attorneys to customize LS projects.
- Design training materials (or supplements to existing materials) tailored to the litigation practice.
- Provide one-on-one or group training for litigation attorneys, clients, and legal assistants.
- Diagnose and correct system software problems for LS.
- Describe and report system and software problems to vendors for resolution.
- Assess and monitor litigation attorney/legal assistant use of technology.
- Evaluate current technologies used in litigation practice.
- Implement new LS technologies for particular case teams and DC office.
- Develop in-depth expertise in current litigation-related applications.
- Attend litigation practice group and case team meetings.
- Refer appropriate litigation projects to software development staff.
Ideal candidates will have at least 5 years’ experience in litigation support in a law firm or vendor environment, in addition to demonstrable communication and technical skills.
- Knowledge of the litigation process and an understanding of the use of technology to support litigation efforts is required.
- Expertise in the use and Administration of Relativity is highly desired.
- Expertise in the use of Concordance, LiveNote, CaseMap, Trial Director, Access and Excel desired.
- Certification in market-specific applications and/or mainstream office applications is a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, though a combination of associate’s degree and commensurate experience will be considered.
This position requires some weekend and after hours application support and may require travel.
Data Lifecycle/Information Governance Manager (New York)
Our client, a globally recognized law firm, headquartered in New York, is looking for a Data Lifecycle/Information Governance Manager to join their team. Ideal candidates will blend technical skills and expertise with the gravitas, political acumen, business savvy, and emotional IQ necessary to work closely with both senior law firm partners and corporate clients’ technical and security teams. Responsibilities will include understanding and creating the course for the law firms data ownership, recertification of the firm’s ISO standing, data retention, classification, and destruction, as well as assessment of access to and ownership of electronic data. The ideal candidate should have the ability to work autonomously and in conjunction with the Global Director, and be prepared for a 2-3 year career growth plan. This position is 25% strategic, 50% tactical, and 25% execution. Successful candidates need more than just an understanding of records management, they must also have a deep affinity for data security and electronic data lifecycle management.
Software Sales, Legal, Government (Washington D.C.)
$115,000-$150,000 Base Plus Commission
Our client, a national technology provider is looking to add a Government Account Manager to their successful sales team. This critical role is responsible for building relationships with Federal government organizations and articulating how our Client’s software can add value to their organization. This position will have a direct impact on the growth of the company’s business.
• Work closely with the Government support and account management team to define and execute sales plans for the government sector
• Meet or exceed sales quota through prospecting, qualifying, managing, and closing sales opportunities within a defined territory
• Perform product demonstrations
• Manage and expand relationships with government agencies that aren’t working with Company directly
• Coordinate resources throughout the entire sales cycle
• Manage and document the details of the sales cycle in Salesforce.com and provide regular updates of pipeline to sales leadership
• Work with the entire sales team to share ideas and foster an open and collaborative environment
• BA/BS in Business, Marketing, Communications, or related discipline, or at least five years of quota carrying sales and account management experience (legal technology and/or government experience is a plus)
• Consistent over achievement of sales goals
• Strong business acumen, including knowledge of ROI and TCO principles
• Record of success in generating net new business
• Excellent communication skills
• Curiosity and ability to ask great questions
• Willingness to travel 35% of the time
eDiscovery Associate (Washington D.C.)
Our Client, a boutique law firm with an established reputation in the eDiscovery practice space, is seeking to add another eDiscovery Associate to their group.
The ideal candidate for this position is a practicing eDiscovery attorney with 5 years of experience being highly involved with all phases of the EDRM life cycle. This person will interface directly with clients, serving as the expert in electronic evidence and information governance, and perform research and legal writing including discovery motions and briefs, expert reports, subpoenas, and pre-trial briefs throughout various stages of a case.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Advise clients on proactive eDiscovery, litigation preparedness, and information governance initiatives
- Represent clients as subject matter expert for eDiscovery in large complex litigation and investigations
- Produce client memorandums and briefs
- Develop e-discovery plans
- Deliver eDiscovery reports and memorandum to clients
- Familiarity with advanced analytical tools
Director of Hosting (Chicago)
Our client, a well-respected services provider is looking for a Director of Hosting to lead its Data Hosting department, which is responsible for all administrative tasks completed within Relativity. In addition to having strong Relativity skills, a successful candidate must have broad experience in managing and leading teams (experience with distributed teams a plus), excellent verbal and written communication skills, and an ability to interface effectively with clients. Finally, the role will be client facing at times, and thus requires strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Create workflows, processes and QC protocols in support of all administrative functions of Relativity in collaboration with Data Processing and Project Management teams
- Provide oversight, instruction and coaching for all Review Solutions team members including annual performance reviews
- Work with internal departments to contribute to workflows related to new technology offerings which impact Relativity
- Create internal training/on-boarding Relativity-specific curriculum for the Data Hosting and Project Management teams
- Conduct weekly meetings with Data Hosting teams company-wide regarding new Relativity features, internal workflows, and changes in protocol
- Conduct monthly meeting with kCura to discuss advanced features, new releases, feature requests, known defects/issues, etc.
- Manage monthly extended-hours and weekend shift schedule
- Conduct regular internal meetings with Company department leaders (IT, Data Processing, Project Management, Media Tracking and Finance) to discuss collaboration and areas for process improvement
- Coordinate with Director of Relativity Infrastructure to maintain annual service status
- Designate team leads for more advanced projects and advanced technologies
- Create and update client facing training sessions and scripts
- Along with other Data Hosting team members, conducts client training sessions
- Coordinate internal announcements regarding new Relativity releases, features, functionality and workflows
- Generate internal training curriculum for project managers and sales team
Documents all Relativity workflows, templates and processes in coordination with Project Management Directors
- Provide high-level support to Data Hosting and PM teams for complex client requests and/or issues
- Design internal and external escalation plan for Relativity support requests
- Coordinate with PM, IT and Infrastructure heads to streamline internal and external communication with respect to client issues in Relativity
- Relativity Certified Administrator required
- 5+ years of experience of Relativity Admin work
- 3+ years management experience
- Experience in client training a plus
Data Privacy and Security Counsel (East Coast)
Unique opportunity! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Senior eDiscovery Consultant (Chicago & New York)
Chicago & New York
Support firm offices on eDiscovery. Advise clients and attorneys on eDiscovery and implement eDiscovery plans.
Advise and educate legal teams on eDiscovery best practices
Develop and implement data preservation, collection and processing plans
Conduct IT and custodial interviews
Draft discovery protocols
Formulate search strategies and cull initial data sets to reduce review volume
Create review workflows
Prepare budgets and marketing proposals
Evaluate, negotiate contracts and monitor performance for selected vendors
Stay current in eDiscovery technologies, trends and legal updates
First point of contact on new matters
Seven plus years litigation support
Knowledge of eDiscovery trends and technologies
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
Ability to interface with Executives and Senior Partners
Attention to detail
Project Management experience
eDiscovery Attorney (NYC, Chicago, DC)
New York, Chicago, Washington DC
Commensurate with Experience
Our Client, one of the largest eDiscovery practices in the United States, is seeking to add another eDiscovery Attorney to their group.
First and foremost, the ideal candidate for this role is an eDiscovery litigator, someone who loves the advocacy and advisory side of eDiscovery. This person will be responsible for advising and counseling clients on case strategy, tactics, and organization, arguing dispositive eDiscovery matters in court, negotiating with opposing counsel, and writing briefs and motions.
The candidate will report to senior leadership within the eDiscovery & information governance group. The attorney hired for this position will work closely with our Client’s eDiscovery technical staff, case teams, and clients throughout multiple phases EDRM lifecycle.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing preservation plans
- Developing e-discovery plans
- Assisting in relevancy scoping
- Providing analytical advice to include search terms, clustering and concepting
- Using advanced analytical tools, including predictive coding
- Coordinating and supervising reviews
- Technical proficiency handling discovery matters and platforms
- Experience and skills in information governance/records management are a plus.
- Previous eDiscovery experience is a plus
All Chicago candidates must be admitted to the Illinois Bar, New York candidates to the New York Bar, and Washington, D.C. candidates to the D.C. Bar.
Director/Senior Director for Operations (National/Midwest)
National (Relocation Required)
Compensation: Commensurate with Experience
Client is looking for someone who can work with their operations managers and teams to improve efficiencies, make sure deliverables are being met, train junior staff, etc. as well as someone who can be deployed against critical client matters, and who can be an evangelist for the company.
- Position is 40% strategic and 50% tactical and 10% operations
- Role is responsible for making work, managing work and doing work
- Needs to have strong Relativity understanding and expertise, with Nuix knowledge preferred
- Needs to love data, process improvement and client deliverables
- Would report to an SVP level, and be a peer to the person running the Operations department, but would not manage direct reports
- Position is being created due to growth of department
- At least 50% travel required
Corporate eDiscovery Attorney (National) $125,000-$200,000
Call for more details: 646.722.2689
Project Manager (East Coast)
Commensurate with Experience
A growing international eDiscovery service provider is seeking to add a Project Manager to their team. This person will serve as a leader in successfully managing client relationships through effective project management coordination and execution. Candidates must have a solid eDiscovery background and strong project management experience. Successful candidates will manage multiple projects and clients in a fast-paced environment.
- Serve as the primary liaison with key client representatives with the goal of owning the service delivery relationship
- Drive overall client satisfaction through effective coordination and communication of client deliverables
- Effectively execute project forecasts and work schedules implemented by the Sr. Project Manager or Client Services Director
- Ensures client and project requirements are being met with the highest quality and accuracy through verification and communicating routinely with both the client and internal partners
- Consistently deliver proactive communication with clients and when client issues arises addresses those issues or expeditiously escalates to the Sr. Project Manager of Client Services Director
- Ensure that an update to date record is maintained with regard to the status of all projects being worked on
- Demonstrate leadership to both the client and internal partners, delivering project objectives professionally and with high quality
- A solid understanding of eDiscovery and the litigation support industry
- At least 2 years of experience in project management positions with law firms, corporate legal departments or eDiscovery service providers
- Demonstrated success in the management of multiple simultaneous projects
- Oral and written communication skills which provide a strong and confident leadership presence
- Excellent client relationship skills which include the ability to proactively manage client expectations, recognize client needs and adapt company capabilities to consistently meet client requirements
- A solid understanding of database design and management, data processing activities and legal document review requirements
- Demonstrated ability in each of the following areas: ensure effective control of all aspects of a project from initial planning through final production; development of project plans; balance overall client requirements; development of relationships; and review financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met
eDiscovery Partner (West Coast)
$275,000 – $450,000
Am Law 50 firm seeks an strong eDiscovery partner to help grow their practice group. Must have both litigation experience, as well as proven practice in eDiscovery law and client development skills. Book of business is required. Salary commensurate with current compensation and portable business.
Litigation Support Specialist (New York City)
New York City
$90,000-$120,000 plus overtime and bonus
AmLaw 50 firm is seeking a Litigation Support Specialist with strong project management and analytical skills to work closely with clients and case teams Ideal candidates will have a strong sense of ownership, the ability to communicate effectively with professionals at all levels and strong hands-on technical skills.
Collaborate with litigation support team on database management for various tools
Assist senior team with the design, creation, and update of databases
Promote the use of best practices and documented technical solutions for case management
Review and test new technologies used in litigation practice
Provide support for processing and imaging eDiscovery projects for various databases
Assist in designing training materials for clients and case teams
Troubleshoot and address system software issues for various applications
Work closely with vendors to address software issues
Develop in-depth expertise in various litigation support applications
Participate in litigation practice group and case team meetings
Bachelor’s degree preferred
At least two years of litigation support experience
Ability to research software applications for E-Discovery process improvement
Strong experience in litigation support database design and management – Familiarity with Access and SQL a plus
Ability to train users on tools such as Relativity, Concordance, Opticon, Case Map and TextMap
Ability to document protocols and procedures write or modify script for greater process improvement
Extensive experience working with and managing vendors
- financial and billing information in a timely manner to ensure deadlines are consistently met
If you find a position that interests you, please send your resume and LinkedIn Profile to email@example.com.